Haulover canal

West Palm to Jacksonville
ettienne

Haulover canal

Post by ettienne »

I took some visitors over to the manatee viewing deck at the haulover canal at about 2:30 pm on Sunday Oct 8. There were some manatees lazing about.
What really amazed me was the volume of water moving thru the canal, man it was really charging.
I thought the ML and IR were not so tidal, but clearly I am mistaken. I guess the full moon was pushing some extra water.
wiggleyourjig

Post by wiggleyourjig »

Its just wind driven. No tide influence.
Mike
yohan1973

Post by yohan1973 »

Nope, you are both wrong!
It's actually a scientifically proven phenomenon known as DEVIDO A IDIOTAS.
It's caused when one of two adjoining bodies of water becomes inundated by drunk idiots on sparkle boats hunting exclusively for red fish!
You see it's rather complicated so I will try to explain it in laymen terms. Normally the water levels are pretty similar so water flows slowly from one body of water to the next. However, Introduce a bunch a drunk folk who throw trash into one of those bodies of water and whom piss over the bows of there boats at regular intervals ( due to the consumption of cheap beer) and you have substantially changed things. In hydrodynamic terms, the head elevation of one body of water has been substantially elevated due to the extreme amount of bodily fluids which have been released. Add to that the extra turbidity caused by the use of over powered engines pushing over weighted boats (Extra beer payload) around and The head elevation becomes grossly out of whack. All that water then rushes into the other body of water in order to find head elevation equilibrium!

So let this be a lesson boys, Avoid DEVIDO A IDIOTAS.

y'all know I'm making this shyt up right??????
Stanley Steemer, carpet cleaner.
wiggleyourjig

Post by wiggleyourjig »

Bravo.I have absolutly no reply to that. For once in my life im speechless.
Mike
ettienne

Post by ettienne »

Now that makes sense, so it's really down to a pissing contest?
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

whats wrong with pissing off of the bow, I havnt tipped the yak doing it, yet...
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
ettienne

Post by ettienne »

mmm...
From the seat? Now you're just bragging.
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

no, I stand up, bank shot off of the paddle blade if the wind is calm otherwise it is best to not "piss into the wind"
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
prowler13angler

Post by prowler13angler »

I have a friend who was fishing that canal last weekend.

He caught his biggest redfish, and a nice jack.

Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

It's just wrong that people less than half my age catch bigger fish than me.

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
yohan1973

Post by yohan1973 »

BearsFan wrote:whats wrong with pissing off of the bow, I havnt tipped the yak doing it, yet...
That's horrible!
Shame on you!

REAL MEN PISS THRU THEIR SCUPPER HOLES!
:lol:
NMZ MANIAC

Post by NMZ MANIAC »

Great explanation, There are some BIG fish in the canal! :D
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

no Yohan, real men can't fit it through the scupper hole 8)

yohan1973

Post by yohan1973 »

BearsFan wrote:no Yohan, real men can't fit it through the scupper hole 8)
On behalf of all those gentlemen not so gifted (I'm not included of course ;)) I would like to be the first to call you an insensitive A-hole! lol
I'm sure you just lost a few more fishing buddies do to this indiscretion! lol
As a matter of fact I'm sure a few guys with "shortcomings" are plotting your demise at the next event as I type this! lol

First you bring a hot chick to the weigh in teasing all those OLD westsiders (I saw RIK cry'n mumbling something about this wouldn't fly in '77) and now you are making comments about size! Ohhhhh, they are going to get you my friend! lol

Now back on track....You have me mistaken there. I'm not referring to the placing of ones member into the scupper hole. Which is even sicker than pissing over the bow! Sham on you for thinking that!

It's all fun and games till someone gets stuck in a scupper hole!
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
If it don't like scotch, it aint worth it!!!

alot/alot/abunch/morethanyou