Is it Over ?

General Announcements, plus answers to questions like: Why can't I register? Why is my name banned? How do I post pictures?
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Is it Over ?

Post by krash »

Is it over for this forum, is there anyone left here besides me ?

I still check in here daily, along with a few other forums.. I guess I'm old school... and its been quite some time since there was much of any traffic here or the other 2 or 3 local S. Florida forums. Reasons have been solicited and brought up on many forums and suspected reasons have been posted.

Its sad but perhaps its sad to say but maybe its time to move on...
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
kmeng

Re: Is it Over ?

Post by kmeng »

It's so sad to see what this site has become. I learned 99% of everything I know about kayaking and fishing from members of this site. Rik and Todd and the other admins had a great offering through p-f.com and I miss the old days where everyone was helpful and open to fishing and sharing knowledge. The tournaments that were put on were fun (though a lot of work for the folks who ran them) and I USED to tell new kayakers about this site all the time. But looking at it now, I wouldn't waste my time with it.

I guess we're just going to have to wade through the vitriol of facebook posts and demeaning comments to learn new things. It's unfortunate really, I just want this p-f.com community to get back to the basics: kayaking, fishing and sharing knowledge. I'm sure this post will probably go unread except for the 3-4 members who still haunt this forum.

Rik, you ran the BEST kayak forum for a long time. I hope it's not time to say RIP to p-f.com but the way things look at this point, it doesn't bode well for the future. And it's sad, really, because buried in many of the older posts is a wealth of knowledge that will end up in the interweb trash can.
Do what you love, love what you do, and most of all, love life.

"Don't seek to follow the footsteps of the masters, seek what they sought"
Native Ultimate 14.5 Solo in Olive
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Re: Is it Over ?

Post by krash »

Very sad indeed.. I still visit it pretty much every day, and still practice old school simple paddle craft style fishing and as much DIY as possible. Still have my Dorado kayak along with the Vagabond canoe and a beater SUP DIY rigged for fishing which use mainly now-days.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~