Important Announcement

General Announcements, plus answers to questions like: Why can't I register? Why is my name banned? How do I post pictures?
Rik

Important Announcement

Post by Rik »

Good afternoon all of you Senior Exalted Pro Staff members of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Angler Club,

As many of you have noticed, there's been a few changes around here the past few days. This is due to one big change. Brett Meyer is the new owner of Paddle-Fishing.com

For a long time this site has needed a "web guy". There's a lot that goes on in the background that I was hiring out or attempting to do myself. However, I'm an insurance guy (give me a call, I can save you lots of money!) not a web guy. It was time that Paddle-Fishing went to someone that could do the things to make it a better site than it is today.

I've talked quite a bit with Brett about his plans. After every phone call I was left with "Damn, I wish I knew how to do that" ringing in my head. I'm looking forward to seeing him be successful with his plans for the site.

This isn't good-bye. It just means that I'm not the guy who has to fix things when they break.

Oh, not only is Bret a "web guy", he's also a kayak fisherman. Please give him a nice welcome. He's probably caught a 95 pound redfish just like all of us have.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Brett

Re: Important Announcement

Post by Brett »

Rik, thanks again for the opportunity!

Everybody else, nice to meet you! For what it's worth, I'm really looking forward to both growing Paddle-Fishing.com, as well as not screwing up what you all already have. I'm planning on adding some new sections to the forum, opening it up to a broader community of kayak/canoe anglers. But, the other sections will be left as-is. The main Paddle-Fishing.com website will start to have more regular articles, product reviews, events, galleries, etc.

Any ideas on what you'd like to see? Let me know: [email protected].
He's probably caught a 95 pound redfish just like all of us have.
Admittedly, I tend to stick to midwestern fresh water. My keepers are your bait ;)
Midwestern freshwater kayak fisher-of-whatever's-biting
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Congrats, I think, to the new guy.. Thanks to Rik for everything and looking forward, keep on paddling ya'll
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Brett welcome. We who have participated this great forum that Rik has wonderfully run for all these years are very glad to see it going forward. We look forward to the next chapter.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Welcome Brett. I wish you nothing but the best!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Welcome Brett, Looking forward to seeing what you do with the place!! :thumbright:

Rik, thank you for all you've done here! :thumbright:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Welcome Brett......
Thanks Rik and his Sidekick Todd......Great Job running a Excellent Forum.....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Ump608

Post by Ump608 »

Welcome aboard, tight lines!!
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

The best to you.
0 0 1
Paul
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by Paul »

Congratulations

Good luck with Paddle-fishing
Paul Silvernail
"Pimpin' ain't easy....but it's neccessary"
H2Oz

Post by H2Oz »

Greetings, fellow Linuxian and Social Terraformer.

Personally, I'd really like to see an autofocus to the login page's first formfield onLoad. Everything after that is just gravy. ^o^

Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Hello Brett, and welcome!
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Good Luck
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
rich

Post by rich »

Welcome Bret and thanks for keeping it going Rik.
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

I guess this explains the ads on the site. Do we at least get new Smilies? :bounce:
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

The best of fortunes. Rik has been a fine steward of this website after JayB and Johnster first started this community. You have some large shoes to fill..... well not if you are trying on Todd's shoes but you are in for some large responsibilities to not screw things up.

Thank you JayB, Johnster, And Rik!
Credo quia absurdum