April 11th - Oyster Bar Project

Tournaments, Events, Seminars, and other gatherings
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

April 11th - Oyster Bar Project

Post by sfurman »

CCA Florida has a work day with Tampa Bay Watch to continue installing a series of new oyster shell bars on the shoreline of McKay Bay and we are looking for volunteers.

We will meet at DeSoto Park 2617 Corrine Street, Tampa, 33605 April 11th and work from 9:00 to Noon. CCA will cook hamburgers and hotdogs for the crew afterwards.

We will be shoveling oyster shell into mesh bags and then transporting the mesh bags from the DeSoto Park to the designated area for placement in McKay Bay. We need volunteers to fill the mesh bags, and volunteers to place the bagged oyster shell on the shoreline. Tampa Bay Watch will have their 2 24-foot Carolina Skiffs to transport the shell from the boat ramp to the designated placement area. Please wear closed toe shoes - old sneakers or water shoes, no sandals or crocs, comfortable field clothes, hat and sun screen. We will provide gloves.

This is great opportunity to get involved and spend a few hours making new friends and a great way for CCA members to give a little back to Tampa Bay.

This project is open to everyone. Please call Don Roberts 813-918-4779 or email [email protected] if you are planning to attend so we can get an accurate count for the food.

Thanks for your help and see you on April 11th.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Re: April 11th - Oyster Bar Project

Post by sfurman »

Thanks to all the volunteers that showed up to help, sorry I couldn't make it this time.

7 tons of oyster shell for 360 LF of oyster bar, lunch and all done noon.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve