My Boat - Malibu Stealth 12

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
kmeng

My Boat - Malibu Stealth 12

Post by kmeng »

This is my brand new Malibu Stealth 12 in Desert Camo. I'm going to take more pictures of it but for now this will have to do. I'm looking forward to getting out soon and washing the new plastic smell off. I have some big plans for this boat; anchor trolley, stake out poll, maybe even a push poll to use while standing. As I do work on it, I'll post more pictures.

Image[/URL]

A huge Thank You goes to Paul and everyone at Masthead Enterprises for working with me on this boat. If I know of anyone looking for a kayak, I'm sending them there!
Do what you love, love what you do, and most of all, love life.

"Don't seek to follow the footsteps of the masters, seek what they sought"
Native Ultimate 14.5 Solo in Olive
Tide1on

Re: My Boat - Malibu Stealth 12

Post by Tide1on »

Congratulations on your new kayak!
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
kmeng

Post by kmeng »

Last week I took the Malibu out for some pond fishing in my buddies back yard. Washed the skunk off of it real quick! First cast, Bass on! Didn't bring the camera though - it was a spur of the moment situation.

I did take it out in UTB last weekend and got caught up in some rain, wind and pretty moderate chop. I did bring the cheapo waterproof camera for some mediocre shots (Very new to aquatic photography). Unfortunately, I didn't catch anything photo worthy - well I did catch a monster sailcat but who wants to take a picture of that? :scratch:

I started my paddle into the wind hoping I would be graced with it at my back on the way home - not so much. A front built up and the winds were shifting. Needless to say, the 3 miles from the mouth of DB to my dock was rough...

I have to say, The Malibu is a major improvement over my Caster. I would have been swamped in the slop I was paddling in and the Caster would have had 15 gallons of water in it. But the Malibu held its own very well, no major leaks around the Gator or standard hatches.

After paddling on glass calm water and choppy sloppiness, I am extremely happy with my boat.
Do what you love, love what you do, and most of all, love life.

"Don't seek to follow the footsteps of the masters, seek what they sought"
Native Ultimate 14.5 Solo in Olive
godsmack481

Post by godsmack481 »

Nice lookin kayak there. I ended up getting the Ascend FS12 in desert storm camo, I love the color.