Commander 140 hot off the truck 8-31-2010

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
jsuber

Re: Commander 140 hot off the truck 8-31-2010

Post by jsuber »

I added an anchor trolley and spent some quality time catching lots of reds this morning. I added my Anchor Trolley to the slidetrax system and put the mounts on upside down to let the top of my anchor trolley pass from one end of the yak to the other. I use a bungee at the stern pulley to keep the line taunt and mounted my bow trolley to the slidetrax. I also put the trolley on and messed up on my buttons to pull the rudder up and down. The bungee that comes with it passes through the front of the system and I have rope passing through so I will restring it, but it works for now.

The Bow Pulley is mounted on the Slidetrax

I turned the tie down upside down and run my trolley line through to secure it to the side

I secured the stern pulley with a bungee line to keep the trolley line taunt.

I tie a loop here because its less noisy than a metal ring and holds my anchor line in place
when I move it with the trolley to the bow or stern

Seat Up

I secure my anchor to my boat with a tie down on the top rail and clip it in with a carabiner
for quick release if I need to dump the anchor, it has a floaty up on the top of the rope
so I can come back and find it.

Seat Down

Thats just the flag I use when the stern is sticking out the back of my truck
Fish the Forgotten Coast.