American Eagle Canoes

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
LagoonAddict

American Eagle Canoes

Post by LagoonAddict »

Anyone had any experience with this brand. Manufactured down in Cocoa, Florida. I am lookin at the 16" square back in particular.

Bob
East Coast "Clique of One"

"'til reinforced, can we learn the ways of church-mice"
Capt Bob J.

American Eagle canoes

Post by Capt Bob J. »

I don't own one, but I know a few anglers who do, and I know the owner.

They make excellent canoes, and have options available to make their canoes more fishable, like decks, etc., and they're not as as heavy as the Gheenoe.
Capt. Robert Jaspers
Uncle Ji

Post by Uncle Ji »

Not sure if same outfit as when I ordered mine over 3 years ago as it was located in Melbourne, Florida, but I ordered a 11' square stern, the quality was okay, and I liked the weight (40 lbs.) but the service left ALLOT to be desired, he overcharged me for shipping and used a different shipper than I specified, and pocketed the over $87.00 differance, he also charged me an extra $50.00 packing fee for extra padding materials for protection which turned out to be a SINGLE LAYER of poorly wrapped scrap corrugated cardboard box which didn't even cover the whole hull thus resulting in damage in several areas during shipping (could have been avoided if he used FedEx as I requested and paid for). This caused 2 weeks delay in repair shop and fighting with shipper over responsibility of damages. Seller refused to reply to all emails, and refusing to return my calls, ONLY replying when I finally got frustrated and posted here my troubles with this outfit he only complaining about this but still avoiding the subject of overcharge for shipping and padding expense. Finally turned him in to the local Better Business Bureau which he totally ignored so got a black mark from them.
I could not recommend this company due to my experience with them if it's the same company as Melbourne outfit, profit before service seems to be their motto.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum