Hornbeck canoe

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
tdg

Re: Hornbeck canoe

Post by tdg »

Just wanted to chime in on a great set up. Nice job.
22acrowd

Post by 22acrowd »

How did you attach the original white rod holders to the thwart? I'm outfitting a canoe and can not find a good rod holder that doesn't involve drilling which I'm not willing to do right now.

Also, where did you get that handy pouch on that you have on the gunnel to hold your pliers etc?

Nice Hornbeck BTW.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

22acrowd wrote:How did you attach the original white rod holders to the thwart?
http://www.beereadys.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Rik

Post by Rik »

22acrowd wrote:How did you attach the original white rod holders to the thwart?
this work?

http://www.sea-dog.com/groups/2163-rail ... rod-holder" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
22acrowd

Post by 22acrowd »

Thanks gents. Still not sure if either of those will work. I have 2 inch thwarts in this craigslist canoe I'm fixing up. Those mounts don't look like they will spread that wide. I popped one out to refinish it tonight and it had some rot towards the end. I might just drill into it after all. I can always replace it.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Get longer bolts if they won't spread far enough.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Edward

Post by Edward »

I have 2 canoes and have done things different in each one. Depending on how your thwart is attached to the gunnel. I just replaced the thwart in front of me with a 10" wide thwart (3/4" birch plywood) using the same holes in the gunnel and screws. I have 2 pieces of lipped pvc, about 6" long that sits flush into the new thwart for stationary holders and also 2 flush Berkley mounts for drop in rod holders. I also added a drop in cup holder and drilled a small hole to put in pliers. The 10" width is great for just throwing things on it, like a jar of gulp. I would put the original thwart back in if/when I would sell it, so no damage done. On my larger canoe, I call a 24" wide cooler my center console. 2 rod holders, an accessory add on that has a cup holder, plier holder, storage tray and then a pvc fish grip holster, all mounted on a board that I've screwed to the front of the cooler. The screw length is important as only the washer/nut is exposed in the inside of the cooler. It holds a lot of tackle and gear of all types. I also have my pfd bungied to the backside of the cooler. It has a 24" impression ruler on top and 4 recessed cup holders. This really works well for me.
Joebh

Post by Joebh »

PBR , how did you mount your Hornbeck in your garage
I am thinking of getting the 15 ft New tricks Hornbeck if I can mount it in my garage
pbr

Post by pbr »

Joebh wrote:PBR , how did you mount your Hornbeck in your garage
I am thinking of getting the 15 ft New tricks Hornbeck if I can mount it in my garage
Just do a search on line for wall mount kayak racks, cant remember where I bought these but work find for the canoe
pbr

Post by pbr »

22acrowd wrote:How did you attach the original white rod holders to the thwart? I'm outfitting a canoe and can not find a good rod holder that doesn't involve drilling which I'm not willing to do right now.

Also, where did you get that handy pouch on that you have on the gunnel to hold your pliers etc?

Nice Hornbeck BTW.
I had the equipment pouch custom make, also had one made for the other side that contains anchor and dog leash rode.
pbr

Post by pbr »

Hornbeck is for sale under classifieds, buying new boat. Excellent condition and priced 50% less than new setup.