We missed you

Rik

We missed you

Post by Rik »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358630609.486153.jpg
You should have fished the PFCS. The fishing may not have been the best but the Pic n' Sip was fun for all.

We're mixing it up this year folks. A glass minnow made it to the money this time!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
DoubleM

Re: We missed you

Post by DoubleM »

Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

I didn't catch a damned thing, but it was still a great time. Thanks Todd, Rik and Mark for all you do to make these events as great as thet are.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
poppawheelie
Location: beutiful Snuffner (seffner for you city boys) Florida

Post by poppawheelie »

I thought that we were the only ones that got bites when we got out and shore fished.
The sad thing we couldnt even get close enough on land to take a pic!!! :wheelchair: at least my smilie looks like me.
rugrat181
Supporter 2011 - 2014
Supporter 2011 - 2014

Post by rugrat181 »

And again, a BIG thank you to Todd, Rik, and Mark. These tournaments are something I really look forward to. Today was a little tough.... I caught my 2 fish in 3 casts and spent the rest of the day hoping.. Anyway, a couple cold beers afterward sure hit the spot. See you guys at the next one..(provided I get the required permit)

Dave
It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Let's celebrate !!

Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club"

Dave S
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Major thumbs up to our fearless coordinators/moderators. Over the horizon I saw a cloud of ducks that looked like locust - one of the cooler things I've seen recently. Wish I would have been closer for a photo...I did get a pic of this bandit though. It was nice and calm were I was.

JB
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

Was great just to be on the water...of course I always say that when the fishing sucks :lol: BUT....it was tough for everybody. Shame on the guys who decided not to attend the weigh-in. I'm thinking some of them would have made it into the prizes.
I got to fish with some old friends....which just made my day. Thank you Sam and Dan for coming.
Always a good time at the Pic n Sip. Thanks Todd, Mark and Rik. Again...."JOB WELL DONE :!:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
mrpj1972

Post by mrpj1972 »

Manning wrote:I didn't catch a damned thing, but it was still a great time. Thanks Todd, Rik and Mark for all you do to make these events as great as thet are.
Ditto on that entire comment!
FreshlySalted

Post by FreshlySalted »

That was great for my first tournament. Look forward to the next one. I heard that glass minnow was taking out drag?
I can't say it is right or wrong, all I know is something isn't right.
Native Mariner
JKL

Post by JKL »

Sorry I missed this one. Actually this is the 1st pf.com tournament I have missed.
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

jbdba01 wrote:Over the horizon I saw a cloud of ducks that looked like locust - one of the cooler things I've seen recently.
I didn't take any pictures, but was around/among the ducks that I think you are speaking of. It wouldn't suprise me to hear that there were 15,000-20,000 or more ducks out there in the morning. They were everywhere. When something would spook the mat of floating ducks causing them to take flight, it sounded like a group of helicopters taking off. Pretty cool stuff.

On another note, I'm having a lot of fun fishing these challenges. I spent a little over 3 hours fishing for a ladyfish on Saturday. I was getting really frustrated because my first few casts in the morning had ladyfish bites and jump offs, but I left them searching for the 15 point fish. I ended up catching the ladyfish 30 yards from where I put in and took out, and not far from where I had hooked them early in the morning. I stayed an extra 20 minutes longer than I had planned fishing for the day, and it made the difference between 1st and 2nd place finish. When was the last time any one of you spent 3 hours fishing for a ladyfish? It's not something that I'll do often if at all again, but it is fun to shake it up sometimes.
Rik

Post by Rik »

ChrisR wrote:When was the last time any one of you spent 3 hours fishing for a ladyfish? It's not something that I'll do often if at all again......
We'll see.......
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
yakanglr

Post by yakanglr »

Hey guys, thanks for posting up all the tournament info and the pic and sip photo's. I may be a little to far away to participate, but I do enjoy seeing the results. The spring migration has just started up this way, so I should be able to splash my kayak soon and get a line wet once the water temps rise a bit more.
Aquidneck Island Striper Team
2010 AIST Most Improved Angler
2012 AIST Striped Bass of the Year
Skull and Bones Fishing Club