2010 - 2011 PFTS - a recap and ??? about the next series

JoeS

Re: 2010 - 2011 PFTS - a recap and ??? about the next series

Post by JoeS »

Todd wrote:We have 2887 registered members, how come, at best, only 40 show up for a PFTS?

Would love to hear from some who have never fished a PFTS event.
Todd that 2887 member number is way skewed......we have about 100 to 150 active members, of which 10-15 don't live within 100 miles of here, that gives you about a 45% ratio of attendance not 0.01%.....work on getting the other active 55-60 people to play.....
Little changes will make the difference.....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

TexasDan wrote:Why don't we spread the wealth a little more.
That is a great idea Dan, but, someone, usually me, has to get all those sponsor prizes.
JoeS wrote:work on getting the other active 55-60 people to play.....
How do we work on them Joe? And what little changes would make a difference?

I realize that no matter what format/formats we choose there is no way to make everyone happy but to go through all the work to get these done and only have 30-40 show up is disheartening.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
TexasDan

Post by TexasDan »

Add another event and format.

Random Member Pick.

Have a sign in cut off date kinda like the mystery lure.

Draw a name out of all the anglers that have signed up.
Email that person to pick the location & one lure to use that day
TexasDan

Post by TexasDan »

Todd wrote:
That is a great idea Dan, but, someone, usually me, has to get all those sponsor prizes.
I understand it takes work getting all the great products from the sponsors and you do a great job. I'm not saying that you can always place all the divisions.

IMO, for the slam division cash money is more than fare for 1st, 2nd, 3rd only and spread the Polar Bear Cooler, Wang Anchor & Finatic Designs
out to other winners. Given while suppies last.

Just my $0.02
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Todd wrote:
JoeS wrote:work on getting the other active 55-60 people to play.....
How do we work on them Joe? And what little changes would make a difference?

I realize that no matter what format/formats we choose there is no way to make everyone happy but to go through all the work to get these done and only have 30-40 show up is disheartening.
PM sent....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

TexasDan wrote:
Todd wrote:
I understand it takes work getting all the great products from the sponsors and you do a great job. I'm not saying that you can always place all the divisions.

IMO, for the slam division cash money is more than fare for 1st, 2nd, 3rd only and spread the Polar Bear Cooler, Wang Anchor & Finatic Designs
out to other winners. Given while suppies last.

Just my $0.02
Good Idea Dan but believe me prizes are not the issue here....you could give everybody who enters a prize and the attendance will still be around 35-40..........
TexasDan

Post by TexasDan »

JoeS wrote: Good Idea Dan but believe me prizes are not the issue here....you could give everybody who enters a prize and the attendance will still be around 35-40..........
:scratch: You got me. Just thinking more prize payouts maybe new people.
Rik

Post by Rik »

JoeS wrote:For one I think the mere word Tournament keeps some folks away....Maybe a name change to something like PF Challenge Series(PFCS)
I've wondered the same thing which is why there are numerous threads explaining the intent and structure of the PFTS. It is as non-tournament as a fishing competition can be.

That we had 40 different people filling the 60 different winners slots this year ought to tell everyone that anyone has a good chance to win something.

Would love to hear from folks that didn't attend any of the events and it is not asked to 'call you out'. We want you to come out. Tell us what is keeping you away.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

Strippers. Maybe we need strippers. :lol:
Rik

Post by Rik »

We'd have to charge more.......but, if that is what everyone wants.......
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Not if they are Bradentucky strippers.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Rik wrote:
JoeS wrote:For one I think the mere word Tournament keeps some folks away....Maybe a name change to something like PF Challenge Series(PFCS)
I've wondered the same thing which is why there are numerous threads explaining the intent and structure of the PFTS. It is as non-tournament as a fishing competition can be.

That we had 40 different people filling the 60 different winners slots this year ought to tell everyone that anyone has a good chance to win something.

Would love to hear from folks that didn't attend any of the events and it is not asked to 'call you out'. We want you to come out. Tell us what is keeping you away.
I don't need a brick wall to fall on my head I'll shut up..... :oops: :oops:
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

Open registration to non-members and spread the word.

The numbers you are putting up (60 winning spots filled by 40 people blah blah blah 2887 members blah blah blah only 40 entering blah blah blah), the numbers are great when you break it down. The percentages are on the mark. If you want more people to enter you need to go outside the boundaries of this forum. Perhaps a marketing campaign is in order.
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
Rik

Post by Rik »

Good idea Mark. I know we allowed 'bring a friend' this year and that seemed to bring a few.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

CooKnFish wrote:Open registration to non-members and spread the word.

The numbers you are putting up (60 winning spots filled by 40 people blah blah blah 2887 members blah blah blah only 40 entering blah blah blah), the numbers are great when you break it down. The percentages are on the mark. If you want more people to enter you need to go outside the boundaries of this forum. Perhaps a marketing campaign is in order.
That is exactly what I have been saying..........Is It a Tournament....or is it a ....Social Event....can't be both......
Native1

Post by Native1 »

CooKnFish wrote:Open registration to non-members and spread the word.

I agree, I think we could get more people to fish if they could just sign up for it without having to be a member. I also think that most people are intimidated by the word "tournament" simply because they think that only the hard core fishermen are going to win it and they dont have a chance. I know that if it werent for Dave and Terry coaching me and building my confidence, I would have never even thought about entering a tournament. So its up to ALL of us to convince people that anyone and everyone is welcome and can also win. :cheers:

Which brings to mind also, I think the "Newbies" need to be announced and welcomed cheerfully at every pic and sip. That makes them feel like they are accepted by the group and makes them want to come back.

Rob
Leave me alone I'm in my nothing box.