2010 - 2011 PFTS Angler of the Year

Rik

2010 - 2011 PFTS Angler of the Year

Post by Rik »

Results and pictures HERE

After the event today, we announced the winners of the Angler of the Year. The top 4 took a portion of the season long pot in a 40% - 30% - 20% - 10% split.

The angler of the year rules were as follows:

At each event you get one point for each inch of your longest redfish, trout and snook. You get to enter only one of each of the three species per event. Plus, you get 10 bonus points for each event you enter. As each event goes by, you'll add the points and bonus points to your running total. At the end of the series, the angler with the largest running total wins the season long event.

Simple, easy to understand and everyone knows where everyone else stands after each event.

Here are this years winners for Angler of the Year:

1st Place- ChrisR. Chris was impressive this year by being very consistent and always being a guy in or near the money. Chris had 283 inches of fish over the 5 events and took home $492. Chris also got some fantastic tickets to a Tampa Bay Lightning hockey game!

2nd Place - CooknFish (Mark). Mark gave Chris a good run for the top money with his 248 inches and ended up taking home $369.

3rd Place - Bigfish171 (Dave). Dave is always a threat and it showed with 208 inches. The guy knows how to catch fish and took home $248

4th Place - JoseC. Jose, despite missing one event, brought in 201 inches. Don't miss one at the next series Jose! Jose took home $123.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
GILs_GONE_WILD

Re: PFTS Angler of the Year

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

Congratulations to all the winners throughout the year but especially to the Angler of the Year. ChrisR picked a tough crowd to beat.

Wish I could fish all of them. One day when I get 50 years seniority (I'm half way there) I just may get Saturdays off. HA!! :mrgreen:

Greatful for the chance to have fished a couple of them this year.

Thanks to Rik, Todd, MarkM and everyone else who plays a part in these events!!!!!
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

Congratulations guys!!!
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
JoseC

Post by JoseC »

Thanks again guys for putting together a great series.
Jose C

Hobie Revolution
DirksFishin

Post by DirksFishin »

:cheers: Over all I would say this is just awesome! This is where th term "Salt Life" comes into play! :-B
Derek

I hear possum taste like chicken.
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Bigfish171 »

Really liked the format this year. The ongoing accumulation of both points & cash kept it interesting to the end.
Dave
RockinNReelin

Post by RockinNReelin »

Congrats to all the winners and thanks again to everyone who made this another great year!
~Sharon~
Never lie to someone you trust, Never trust someone who lies to you.