PFTS Series Rules

Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Good I haven't been able to get that function to work. :oops: I really don't want it either.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
TexasDan

Post by TexasDan »

Mark R wrote:Another question, does the "time - date" stamp in your camera, need to be turned on? I don't see it in the rules but I heard yesterday that it did.
Sorry :oops: . I did not see that in the rules. My camera has see some water in it's day and sometimes it's on, off, and even switches the date per card in or out. I'll try to see if I can fix it per the next event. It can be annoying. :?
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

TexasDan wrote:
Mark R wrote:Another question, does the "time - date" stamp in your camera, need to be turned on? I don't see it in the rules but I heard yesterday that it did.
Sorry :oops: . I did not see that in the rules. My camera has see some water in it's day and sometimes it's on, off, and even switches the date per card in or out. I'll try to see if I can fix it per the next event. It can be annoying. :?
It does not have to be turned on, don't worry about it Dan.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Please clarify "natural pinched top of the tail". I assume this means that that tail fin cannot be manipulated during when the photo is taken.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

DaveR wrote:Please clarify "natural pinched top of the tail". I assume this means that that tail fin cannot be manipulated during when the photo is taken.
Exactly. You can pinch the tail just not manipulate it.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Kayakpirate

Sounds good to me.

Post by Kayakpirate »

I will definitely mark my calendar for this event.
Remember... We work to live, not live to work!

Jeff W.
mikey

Re: PFTS Series Rules

Post by mikey »

#5....kayaks only? no canoes? :shock:
Striving to be the man my Beagle thinks I am.
Rik

Post by Rik »

mikey wrote:#5....kayaks only? no canoes? :shock:
Changed. Canoes have always been allowed. Human powered craft. Hand paddle a surfboard if you want.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
nemo327

Post by nemo327 »

I am interested in attending the event. However I can't seem to find the essential facts. 1. Exact location of launch. 2. Starting time/check in. Inquiring noob wants to know.
Rik

Post by Rik »

nemo327 wrote:I am interested in attending the event. However I can't seem to find the essential facts. 1. Exact location of launch. 2. Starting time/check in. Inquiring noob wants to know.
http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtop ... 39&t=35538" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are 5 different events in the series.

Each event has a different launch area

Each event has it's own start/check in time.

The launch area, start time, check in time and other specifics for each event will be posted about a month before the event.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley

Post by 13 »

I know we have talked about it this year & have an understanding of the 30 days of membership rule before fishing in a tourney, but can anyone tell me the actual reason for this rule? What is the logic behind it originally being introduced?? Seems to me that any tournament would just be show up, pay the entry fee & good luck. Not just PFTS but all tournaments. What am I missing here? :scratch:

Re:

Post by 13 »

mudfish wrote:Especially those darn gray Bluetooth rules. Glad they're gone. :P
I like using my Bluetooth to play music when I am fishing, but this rule is pretty funny to me because I was fishing next to someone in the 2nd event this year who was using their speakerphone & talking very loudly. I wish he had a Bluetooth, but I guess that wouldn't be allowed, so just keep yelling into your phone. :thumbright:
Rik

Post by Rik »

13 wrote:I know we have talked about it this year & have an understanding of the 30 days of membership rule before fishing in a tourney, but can anyone tell me the actual reason for this rule? What is the logic behind it originally being introduced?? Seems to me that any tournament would just be show up, pay the entry fee & good luck. Not just PFTS but all tournaments. What am I missing here? :scratch:
The logic goes back to the purpose of the series. The PFTS is supposed to be a fun based series for members of this site. We purposely keep it a low dollar series with limited prizes so we don't get the "pros" who travel hundreds of miles. This is a local series for Paddle-Fishing.com members to give us a time to get together, have some fun, build a community and have just enough skin in the game to make it interesting but not painful.

What we don't want is for one timers to show up, take prizes and never show up again. We've had that in the past. There's a lot of honor from fellow competitors that we all count in in these events. Hard to count on honor from someone who shows up one day and is never seen again.

We have regularly waived the 30 day rule. Some can attest to getting 'who are you' PM's after they registered and signed up for an event 5 days before the date. We waived it for several in the last event. All anyone has to do is ask.

As to the bluetooth rule, it was more a harmless joke aimed at one guy.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

CKO lives to "bluetooth" another day! :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright: :tongue:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?