Topwater on the Peace River 11-10-11

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
Pip

Topwater on the Peace River 11-10-11

Post by Pip »

The river fishing continues...

This weekend I threw the Old Town in the back of the truck and headed to one of my favorite sections of the Peace River. I LOVE throwing a topwater frogs, and in this section I usually get some BIG bites. I just got one big bite today, but the smaller bass we all over the frog too. This made for a fun day, especially since the water is down and you can paddle up and down with relative ease. I managed a bunch of fish, but little pics (you've seen one small bass you've seen 'em all). Here are some pics of the day.

I think I paid more for the paddle than I paid for the canoe :shock:

See one you've seen them all...

Finally got the BIG bite on the frog...

Perfect time to fish the Peace right now. It's too fun!
Jackson Kayak Fishing Team
Orion Coolers
Bending Branches
yakrat

Re: Topwater on the Peace River 11-10-11

Post by yakrat »

Nice pics, I really enjoy getting in a canoe & fishing areas like that, very relaxing.
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

Nice report and fish :thumbleft:
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

If you don't want to give it up I understand but where do you put in? Is this a one way trip with the flow or paddle up and back? Have never paddled the Peace River up that far.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Pip

Post by Pip »

I think the section from Ft. Meade to Wauchula is the one of the most overlooked places to fish. You have may options starting in Ft Meade (up or down stream). Then at (Polk/Hardee County) County Line Road in Bowling Green...paddle up stream. Paynes Creek State Park is next. Starting at the SP makes a good day trip down to Wauchula. Or you can paddle upstream.
I've caught snook this far upstream as well. They like to hang out in the deep river bends....Mirrodine :wink:

You have to be willing to paddle and drag alot when the water gets this low but it's worth the effort. The serenity and scenery of the Peace are the icing on the cake.
Jackson Kayak Fishing Team
Orion Coolers
Bending Branches