PB? Bluegill

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
pcronin

PB? Bluegill

Post by pcronin »

Hello fellas, I've been scoping out the tarpon reports and figured I'd contribute a little rather than just creepin'. I'll be down in the Pinellas area for 10 solid days of fishing starting Friday. Anyways, I went out to shoot some line to help get me thru these final 5 days and tagged into a few bluegill; one of which just might be my pb on the fly. I pulled this guy out of a very high lake (we've had a ton of rain lately). I think I'll go back tomorrow and see if I can't get some for the freezer.

Cheers,

Pete

Re: PB? Bluegill

Post by 0119 »

Wow. Vivid colors. Im nuts but I'd take a day of fly rodding bluegills before any tarpon any day! Did you get him up in Illinois or down here?
pcronin

Post by pcronin »

Illinois. Fly rodding bass and bluegill up here helps keep me sane up here. I'd much rather fish the salt...
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Nice! Love the colors. Reminds me of my youth.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Hillbilly
Supporter 2011 - 2014
Supporter 2011 - 2014

Post by Hillbilly »

This is the "Year of the Bluegill" at least on "Troutunderground.com".

That is a very nice Pan Size ...... They are "Biggest Baddest Fish in the Lake" just ask em' .... fun to catch on a 2wt,3wt,4wt!!!
Tempted and Tried by a Fine pair of Legs
Likewise Enticed by Over Easy Eggs