kickin ass

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
bonefishwhisperer

kickin ass

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

I throttled the peacocks today for 4 hrs non stop...used the mighty 10ft 5wt GLX for the dirty work...most were like these...

Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
bluebill

Re: kickin ass

Post by bluebill »

Way to go BFW

All on speed dart flies?
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
bonefishwhisperer

yes...anything heavy would work...thinking hard about sink tip line or something instead of all this lead...speed dart wasnt heavy enough so I drop shot the tag end of the loop knot with baby split shot...needed to get down 10ft...flat out issued a beatdown...must have caught about 20 in a few hrs and lost 2 really big ones but left them for next week
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

Nice fish!

PS. Hey hippie http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Credo quia absurdum
Evan

Post by Evan »

IMO, sinktips don't work very well for freshwater areas with lots of aquatic vegetation. Changes the angle of the line during the retrieve, tends to drag the fly right into the weeds. Floating line and a longer leader/more weight keeps the angle narrow, which keeps the fly moving up toward the floating line and away from the weeds.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
bonefishwhisperer

but there aint any weeds...clean as a whistle...you would have to see these canals....the ones in actual Miami will always need floating line to properly fish the grocery carts etc but these that dump into the bay are 40ft deep and clear with fish in the 10-20ft deep range...never been a fan of sinking line in any way
Evan

Post by Evan »

Sounds like challenging conditions for a flyrod, but those bigass peacocks are definitely worth it. I've never liked sinking line, either. Takes a lot of the fun out of flyfishing...
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
bonefishwhisperer

this post is to replace a double post
Last edited by bonefishwhisperer on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bonefishwhisperer

justabucup wrote:Nice fish!

PS. Hey hippie http://www.locksoflove.org/donate.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
not my real hair...these are extensions and fake ponytail attached to the hat...below is my "real" hair

GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

justabucup wrote:Nice fish!

Right out da box ... Cordell DQs ....

Rule 3: Hair must be clean and completely dry before it is mailed in.

The man ain't got time to wash them locks ... he's toooooo busy showing all of us how to catch fish.

Good post on them Peacocks Cordell.

By the way, heading down there May 6th. Where dem Peacocks hiding.

PM me. :thumbleft:
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
casteryaker

Post by casteryaker »

Awesome man. Peacock bass are on my list for sure. My girls family lives in Ft. Lauderdale. Thinking i might be able to snag a few in that area?