creek pig

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
screwballl

creek pig

Post by screwballl »

last weekend got a chance to get out a little... there is a super tiny creek not too far from home, it is around 2-10 feet wide and 1-3 feet deep. So I found a nice quiet bend and tossed in my line... there was something messing with my lure but would not take it.. messed around with it/them for a few hours Saturday. Then went back Sunday and tried a few more times, and on the 5th cast, finally got one of them. A 16" 2.5lb largemouth.

Normally a fish that size I tend to toss back but because this is in an area where they are considered invasive due to the Okaloosa Darter endangered species, I kept him and cut him up, ready for a fish fry in mid March when my parents come down.

click the thumb to see the full size image (sorry for poor quality it was a cell phone):

also, I know it looks smaller than it was, but that is because I am 6'5" so it makes them all appear smaller lol

here it is in the kitchen sink

Also I usually fish alone or with my oldest daughter (7) so rarely is there a pic of me with the fish
Matthew 4:19
bluebill

Re: creek pig

Post by bluebill »

Nice bass. Looks like you recently joined PF.com but there is no clue as to where you live
The bass are still not active here in Lee County but the fishing should pick up after this coming weekend when we get back over 70 deg for a few days.
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
screwballl

Re: creek pig

Post by screwballl »

I am in northwest FL, Okaloosa county.. with all the cold rain and melting snow north of here, the ponds and lakes are still in the mid to upper 40s... we have some warmer days coming so hopefully by early to mid march the spawn will be on and make for much better fishing
Matthew 4:19