Getting Fresh with the new Kayak

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
countryboy_ucf

Getting Fresh with the new Kayak

Post by countryboy_ucf »

I woke up Sun morning kind of late thinking that it would be raining still, but I was pleasantly surprised to find blue skies and a text from Kevin (mklbuck) saying he was on the water. Well he wasn't too far away from my place and I already had everything ready to go so i decided to join him. I still needed to get the skunk off my kayak and with the saltwater devastation, freshwater seemed to be the way to go. After a short trip up river and a little portaging I arrived at a little brackish water pond where Kevin had been playing with schooling bass all morning. The action started up again soon after I arrived and we anchored up and started catching some nice bass. Oh yeah, I also took my hardcore fishing beagle... Everyone should have one = )
I got the skunk off with this little fat guy...

Then Kevin immediately showed me up with this bigger one...

And, finally I triumphed and caught the largest fish for the day... Nice little 5 pounder...

Action slowed down around noon and we called it a day. Gorgeous day and a thanks to Kev for finding a great spot.
Nick F
Hobie Revolution
"More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own
story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me."
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

Gud job on dem dere basses.

I'm going to try and hit the fresh Thursday with my brother. Thinking of bank fishing though. I know a nearby pond that I can fly fish all the way around.
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
bluebill

Post by bluebill »

A nice report and photos.

What type of lures were they hitting?

The bass here in Cape Coral are just not biting since the freeze.
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
countryboy_ucf

Post by countryboy_ucf »

bluebill wrote:A nice report and photos.

What type of lures were they hitting?

The bass here in Cape Coral are just not biting since the freeze.
They were schooling up on white bait and we were catching them on crystal minnow type lures,
Nick F
Hobie Revolution
"More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own
story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me."