Better Than Not Fishing

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
bluebill

Better Than Not Fishing

Post by bluebill »

It has been too windy here on Pine Island to fish the saltwater in a kayak.

So, I have been continuing to explore the fresh water options.

I finally saw a very large gator in a favorite bass spot in a Cape Coral Canal.

I really got into the bass early this week right after a heavy rain and always in moving water. I have some pictures onmy cell phone's internal memory but do not have the right software to download to computer.

Here are a few other pics from this week.

The tilapia is from an old borrow pit - I am always surprised when one takes a fly or small jig.

Well, these are not snook or tarpon but they beat working or yard work.
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Those Mayan cichlids are a blast on fly.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

If you have multimedia capabilities on your phone, you can email the pics to yourself. I do that quite often as it's a whole lot easier than messin' with cables etc...

You'll need to add your name to your contacts and put your email addy instead of a phone# where the description says Email. ie: Tel (Home), Tel (work), Cell, Home, etc.

Go to your pic and clik options. Scroll to "send" then select "via multimedia" Then in the blank "To" line, click to get address book, select your name from your address book, select the email addy, and send.

Hopefully you have that capability on your contract anyway. If not, you see now how easy it is to do for future reference. :wink:
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
bluebill

teamshaft3

Post by bluebill »

Teanshaft3

Thanks for the phone tips. I am going to go to the Verizon store to sign up for the multimedia services. I have those on an At&t work phone and can, like you say, email to yourself or to Snapfish.

Bluebill
bluebill

DaveR

Post by bluebill »

Yes, the Mayans are good fighters.

But the biggest ones are visible at many locations in Cape Coral canals but they do not seem to like my little crappy jigs. I am sure tipping with a cricket would help.

I am going to try a variety of flys on them.