River fishing with my long-time fishing buddy

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

River fishing with my long-time fishing buddy

Post by Bigfish171 »

Spent the morning paddling & fishing the upper Braden River with my oldest daughter. This one loves to fish & has landed more quality fish than I can list, including numerous tarpon, but we both rate a good day of bluegill fishing near the top of the list. Might be because when she was 2 weeks old, she spent a weekend tucked under the console of a bass boat on Lake Istapoka.

Jenny threw a beetle spin and 2" rapala on ultralite spinning gear, while I flipped #10 poppers at the wooded shoreline.

Jenn started the day with some nice copper headed gills on the beetle spin.

Shortly after we passed this guy he exploded on something. Don't know if he got what he was after, but it sure got our attention.

This guy won't win any tournaments, but it was my only bass of the day, so he got a picture.

Jenny's bass were a little better, all on ultralight tackle.

Although we didn't see any other people, we were joined by many fellow fishers.

The beetle spin produced better quality fish, but the flyrod had it in terms of quantity. I probably landed 30-40 of the small guys, which was okay since the "slurp" of the popper is what it's all about.

Thunder in the area kept us from venturing as far up river as I'd planned, but it was still a good day with a favorite fishing buddy.
Dave

Post by 0119 »

Isnt it great when you get a fishing trip without seeing another person? ONly thing better is having the day with your daughter.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Great report!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Excellent catching! Makes me wanna hit the river.
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Very cool Dave, thanks for sharing.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM