Cape Coral Bass

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
bluebill

Cape Coral Bass

Post by bluebill »

Finally, the bass in Cape Coral have started to grab worms. These are a couple of the smaller ones that took a dark green pencil worm

I released them all.
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
DouGR81

Post by DouGR81 »

I used to fish that canal a lot a few years ago..one of the most consistent spots to catch bass.
bluebill

The Cape

Post by bluebill »

DouGR

I have started fishing the canals for bass because the wind was blowing too hard to be comfortable on the flats around Pine Island.

I fished the canals in NW Cape mostly and found bass everywhere. But last week I ventured much further into NE Cape and found lots of bass there also.

Most of the canal banks were so overgrown with brazilian pepper and brush that fishing access was not possible. But, recently the City or ? has scraped all brush off of streches of the banks. I can't see a real pattern to this brush clearing but it has made for nice fishing access from shore.

I need to get out tomorrow as we got a good hard rain and that should begin to cause some flow through the canals and culverts. Bass love outflow from a culvert as that attracts the minnows.
bassboy

Post by bassboy »

down where the lowes is in n. cape follow that road all the way until you can either go left or right there is a small canal that goes east and west caught my biggest to date in there 8lbs. but that was 10 yrs ago when we lived down there also try burnt store rd. lot of canals through there.
bluebill

Post by bluebill »

bassboy

please send me a PM with the name of the road to take from Lowes and I will check that canal out

i have tried many of the canals that cross burnt store road

right now the bass are everywhere but they can turn off depending on a front or other factors

and the very large spotted tilapia are still on their beds - i just have not taken the time to experiment with bread dough or sim baits to catch them