Lake Davidson Report 2

Let's hear reports from other places.
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Lake Davidson Report 2

Post by Erick »

Well, I had a few hours to get out this morning and decided to hit a few other parts of Lake Davidson and attempt to improve upon my angling abilities using a plastic worm.

Very scientific approach to selecting this particular color.

1) I had tied it on last time
2) I had tied it on last time because I had it

Decided to take out the 120 this time. I added a rear Scotty rod holder. I was a little unsure about using one these types behind the seat, but it actually works great. And I am very pleased.

And no, those arent my beers and cigarettes at 6:00 am this morning, not sure why people cant clean up after themselves. This is a pretty isolated area so in the evenings it gets its fair share of visitors.

First thing, saw a balloon.....

Shortly after I would have my first missed fish of the morning....I am not a very good worm fisherman. I think those who throw bait casters have an advantage on getting the hook set with worms.

Then I saw my first "tailing" carp....fly fishing for tailing carp is pretty big on Lake Norman but it is very difficult. Look real close and you might be able to make him out:

So nothing else for a while. I did find a fallen tree, and casted to it, then got a great strike....tried to get the hook set but he eventually got off. And that would be it for the day. Off the water by 9 am. Did have a deer come down right where I hooked that last fish but by the time I got out the camera she was gone.

But fun anyway and glad I can get out to do some sort of fishing.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: Lake Davidson Report 2

Post by Todd »

Erick wrote:Did have a deer come down right where I hooked that last fish but by the time I got out the camera she was gone.
Did you bring a gun?
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
uncdub13

Post by uncdub13 »

when are you headin back down this way for some salt action?
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

Well that is what I meant by the time I got the gun out to "shoot" it was gone. Being the big hunter that I am.

uncdub13....sending you a pm here and at NCAngler. I will be down there on Friday June 27th to fish Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing