Trip of a lifetime! (Warning- picture heavy!)

Let's hear reports from other places.
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

Looks like a hel-uva-trip, guys. I'm just trying to figure out if Dave fell out off the seat trying to hold on to the fish for the picture or to save that seegar, crimped in his teeth, from going in the drink...
- Jon
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Yup . JagerBombs were the tradition to start the evening's fishing. Imagine stepping where it seems no man has stepped before. That's Ontario's wilderness. We hunted the big pike with tenacity but were rebuffed. Yeah there are plenty of climatological excuses but they mean as little up there as they do here. We just couldn't find the big females. No matter. The sun went down at damn near 11 at night and then we ate. We slept till ten and then we fished. In between was eating and drinking. That's a vacation.
Oh yeah, one more pic. When the cabin isn't pressurized I guess a little wire goes a long way....Image
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Vercetti wrote:Looks like a hel-uva-trip, guys. I'm just trying to figure out if Dave fell out off the seat trying to hold on to the fish for the picture or to save that seegar, crimped in his teeth, from going in the drink...
Key word in the above quote is "drink".
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
EricS

Post by EricS »

Im headed to leech lake next friday. I may have a report to follow up yours. I might have to post my 7 day canoe expedition in Quetico also.
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

Da Bears!

That's one great getaway trip! Thanks for sharing the experience. It looks like you picked an ideal time to go.

I lost a bet on this one. I thought you guys would have a hard time getting back into the US
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
rev

Post by rev »

Hell yes Mr. R & Mr. M. That looks just about right. I know you've been eyeballing that trip for a while so I'm glad it worked out for you.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Give me a holler Chris if you want the particulars. It's a first rate outfit.

"SANCTUARY!!!"

seeinred

Post by seeinred »

That is a great area, my family has owned a cabin in the Adirondacks O(very similar terrain) on Upper Lake Saranac for several generations. Definitely one of my favorite places in the world, nothing like the stillness of the lake and call of a loon. The pike fishing is very tough this time of year, from what I understand, they prefer the much cooler water of the early spring, late fall and winter.
For more kayak fishing reports, tips, and fishing charters please visit;
http://tampabaykayakcharters.com/

Spencer
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=23365&st

Post by Norm »

My favorite picture is the one of the table...I can clearly see a bottle of Maker's Mark 8) Great Food, great drinks, great friends, all in a place of unsurpassed beauty, doing something you enjoy...Im sure you were wondering....could it possibly get any better than this :?:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
FishingDL

Post by FishingDL »

Looks like a good time for sure. Great pics. Congrats on the fun time.
Dave
-------------------------------------------------------
Is your fish dripping?

(11-01) 235 - (1-22) 215
Redfishn'Ale

Post by Redfishn'Ale »

awesome pics, love the sunsets, almost makes me miss the far northern reaches...then i remember the cold, great post
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

Redfishn'Ale wrote:awesome pics, love the sunsets, almost makes me miss the far northern reaches...then i remember the cold, great post
What he said. Looks like a great trip.

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

Great trip guys and some nice photos. Glad to see you made it back.....or willing to come back...or forced to come back...or something.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

Erick, you will be proud to know that I caught most of my walleye and quite a few pike on none other than Space Guppies. Yep, I had a couple bags of them left over from the OLC. It ain't no use if it ain't chartreuse! :D
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

Space Guppies? Those things are amazing. Between that and the Funky Chicken, really no need for anything else....well the 1/4 oz near clear DOA Shrimp of course.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

I pretty sure Mark was looking for a shrimp at one point. :lol:

"SANCTUARY!!!"