uk no kayak report

Let's hear reports from other places.
ray-uk

uk no kayak report

Post by ray-uk »

Ok, so its been way to long since I last got out for some fishing, the river season is closed over here, plus my piking is on hold to allow them some respite after spawning, so having a few hours free I headed to a local pond.
The rain and hail had eased off and the sun was actually trying to break through.

I opted to fish in the corner of the pond as the wind was blowing straight into it.
My set up was a 13ft float rod, reel loaded with 5lb mono, 3½lb hooklength/leader and a size 16 hook, pretty simple but effective set up.

As the wind was blowing directly into the corner, that is were I wanted to fish, so after finding the correct depth I made my first cast along the edge of some reeds.
Bait was a simple piece of breadflake.

Near enough straight away my float dipped, a quick strike and I was unhooking a small roach.
First fish I have seen for a while so despite its size I was pleased.

So I start catching roach nearly every cast, no problem I was enjoying it, plus I knew that something a bit bigger would home in on the activity eventually.

After a while, my float dipped in a different way, this time as I struck, the fish started taking line.
A while later I was netting my first carp of the session, a rather nice looking common carp.

I continued fishing in the same way, piece of breadflake on the hook cast tight to the reeds.
I managed to land a couple more carp plus a few more roach before it started getting dark.

Mirror carp

All in all, a very enjoyable few hours, I was just glad to get back out on the banks again.

Looking forward to my next session.

Ray.
I'm not here to be liked. I do this for the good of the paddle-fishing community.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Cool Pics Ray I always look for and enjoy your posts from "Across the Pond"
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
pag_yaker

Post by pag_yaker »

Well in. ;)

Glad you're back wetting a line, but we just need to wrangle a way to get you back over here.
Jerry White
Contributing author for Paddling.net since 2005
Contributing author for Florida Sportsman Magazine
Member - Florida Outdoor Writers Association
xfactor

Post by xfactor »

Beautiful pictures and a great report as always. I keep looking for your post with the expectation of seeing some great photographs. And as always, you have never disappointed me.

Jimmy
ray-uk

Post by ray-uk »

thanks for the replies gents, hopefully it will not be as long untill i next get out.
but we just need to wrangle a way to get you back over here
you would think that with all the stinkpotters on the site, one of them would have a decent enough boat to shoot over and pick me up. :lol:

ray.
I'm not here to be liked. I do this for the good of the paddle-fishing community.
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

If you are referring to one in particular, I am not sure he would come back!

As always thanks for sharing Ray.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
Mako

Post by Mako »

I'm always amazed at your reports, the weird floats, the tiny hooks, crazy baits....always interesting and entertaining, thanks :)

also, come to think about it some of those carps look a bit like a redfish....do they fight as hard?
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
ray-uk

Post by ray-uk »

do they fight as hard?
they certainly do sir.

ray.