Bushy Park 12 Nov 07... that's here in SC for y'all SOTE

Let's hear reports from other places.
nikonjedi

Bushy Park 12 Nov 07... that's here in SC for y'all SOTE

Post by nikonjedi »

Bushy Park is my local fishin hole here in SC. It is on the Cooper River, about 4 miles up from the harbor and is the salt/fresh water dividing line. It goes on up a long ways all the way to Lake Moultrie and freshwater. We get Flounder, reds, trout, blues, blue cats, sting rays and I have even heard of a small bull shark being taken too. There also largemouth to be found in the summer, even on the salt water side... My brother came down from VA, I haven't seen him a LONG while but we hit the water and it felt pretty cold. We started off with EC grubs and tried every other color we had to no avail. We moved up the river and tried out a new creek I have been eyein. Went back about 1/4 mile and found a nice bend in the creek with some shallow water and a nice drop off. We each took a side and started fishin. He had a Mudminnow on top under a cork and nabbed a gorgeous 15" red and I nabbed his cousin, another 15" red on the bottom. We got a late start and the sun was going down so we called it a day and headed in. It was one of the best days I have had in a while... The colder water is starting to school the reds up and the trout bite is on pretty good, just not on the point I usually start at :wink: Just thought I'd let ya'll know whats goin on up here... Tight lines ya'all
"Paddle Faster boys... I hear banjo music..."
Tarpon 160os
SC Chapter Coordinator- Heroes on the Water
www.heroesonthewater.org
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

It was one of the best days I have had in a while...
Glad ya got to get out with your brother...I've been trying to get mine over from Orlando and onto the flats for quite sometime..
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club