Headed to St. Teresa Beach 7.17 - 7.20 Never Fished Here????

Big Bend to Pensacola
CoonHound53

Headed to St. Teresa Beach 7.17 - 7.20 Never Fished Here????

Post by CoonHound53 »

Hey fellow Yakers:

I am from Sarasota, and do all of my fishing around the Tampa Bay area. I have a family beach house on St. Teresa Beach (East of Hannah's dock). I have a 12'-0 perception fishing kayak and I am looking to launch straight from the beach. What's the deal up there? I have been going there since I was a kid, but I never fished there. I know there is a lot of grass off that beach. What can I expect to catch? Are the Tarpon still running up there? Should I bring so my poon rods or just my inshore gear. What kinda bait should I use around here, I do pretty good with Johnson spoons and Spook Jrs. or shrimp. I am there for 4 days looking to get some good fishing in. Any tips or information will help. Let me know guys.

If any of yall are in the area next week give me a text, we can fish together. 941.780.1325

Patrick McCallister
War Eagle
Listen to the Peppers! Riches will follow.
Rik

Re: Headed to St. Teresa Beach 7.17 - 7.20 Never Fished Here

Post by Rik »

http://www.fcka.net/home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They play in that area. Jeff Suber and Liam Callaghan are moderators and damn decent fishermen, even though they do scare women and small children away.

PM them on that site. Let them know you are a member here and that you are a short term visitor.

And we are kayakers on this site.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
John
Guv'ner

Re: Headed to St. Teresa Beach 7.17 - 7.20 Never Fished Here

Post by John »

I met Liam Callaghan last week, he spotted my name tag and was most excited that my last name had the "G" in it.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton