Bonita report--Pensacola Bch

Big Bend to Pensacola
privatepilot

Bonita report--Pensacola Bch

Post by privatepilot »

The bonita here in Pensacola have been running strong. I took the kayak down to the beach and was greeted with multiple flocks of birds on the sandbars.

I waited for them to come to me

I threw a jig in and immediately got hooked up. This guy was spinning me like a top.

With 30 degree temps, my hands were starting to turn blue...time to go in

trash.can.slam

Post by trash.can.slam »

You're more dedicated than I am in that cold. Good to see reports from the top of the Gulf.
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Very nice. 8)
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Enjoyed fishing for those speed demons this fall. Can't wait for spring!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

Very nice!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Niiice. Luv the pics! Beautiful looking day, you'd never know it was cold if you didn't mention it. I can see why he spun you around in that dingy. That Mini-X do okay in the deep water swells? ...scary. :shock:
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Privatepilot, not trying to bust your chops here but, am concerned. If you flip that thing can you swim with those waders on?? I hope you are wearing a pdf those waders will fill up with water and put you in trouble real fast. That is one of the concerns I have about wearing waders anyway.
Steve
privatepilot

Post by privatepilot »

sfurman wrote:Privatepilot, not trying to bust your chops here but, am concerned. If you flip that thing can you swim with those waders on?? I hope you are wearing a pdf those waders will fill up with water and put you in trouble real fast. That is one of the concerns I have about wearing waders anyway.
I've thought about this many times. The good thing is that I've practiced that situation in my pool. I can get out of the waders quickly if I need to. I also have a pfd near me at all times.
Rik

Post by Rik »

privatepilot wrote: The good thing is that I've practiced that situation in my pool. .
Glad to read that. Anyone who wears waders should practice that. Once you do, you'll make darn sure you have a wader belt on and I'll bet you'll cinch it up just a bit tighter.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

I have those types of waders but if I had to wear waders to fish out of a kayak I think I would get the neoprene type. More money I know but, I would think they float, at least I have to put on a ton of weight when I wear my wet suit. I assume they are the same way. They will keep you nice an warm too, too warm for temperatures above 65 probably. Still a wet test would be in order.
Steve
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

sfurman wrote:I have those types of waders but if I had to wear waders to fish out of a kayak I think I would get the neoprene type. More money I know but, I would think they float, at least I have to put on a ton of weight when I wear my wet suit. I assume they are the same way. They will keep you nice an warm too, too warm for temperatures above 65 probably. Still a wet test would be in order.
They get way too hot in the direct sun.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Why would you sink if water got into the waders? The water density inside the waders is equal to the water density outside the waders. you see plastic bags fill with water on the water all the time , they're not sinking. Now it would be a royal pain in the ass to move but would you sink ?
0 0 1
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Getting back in the kayak might be a bit more of a challenge.

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

A forum full of old wives :roll:

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

BearsFan wrote:A forum full of old wives :roll:
Need to post your infamous pic again BF. :wink:
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

DaveR wrote:Enjoyed fishing for those speed demons this fall. Can't wait for spring!
X2 - Fly this time :wink:
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~