Water has finally warmed up

Flamingo to Big Bend
nemo327

Water has finally warmed up

Post by nemo327 »

Heading to the flats Friday. The water has warmed the pin fish are thick, finger mullet are on the move. The reds are singing "come and get me... come and get me"
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Re: Water has finally warmed up

Post by krash »

The full moon has passed, the weather is great, now if these 15+ East winds would blow themselves out
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Turkey hunting starts next weekend so I have to get out and do some scouting this weekend but I also plan on putting in the kayak and trying for some fishing at least once maybe in the afternoon.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

krash wrote:The full moon has passed, the weather is great, now if these 15+ East winds would blow themselves out
Was blowing about 20 on the South side of TPA last weekend; rather than paddle I got out and waded. With winds from the N/NE water was blown out of the bay. Managed to wade out to 6' markers in knee high water. Kayak in tow almost pulled me over several times.

That said found plenty of reds once the winds calmed down to about 10-15 in 1-2' of water. Also found where all sting rays go to mate. ZOINKS!! First time I've ever seen barbs zipping out of the water. Kinda cool, but alarming. Hopped back in kayak after that.

Wonderboy said he saw the largest red he's ever seen.
JB
nemo327

Post by nemo327 »

Amen to the wind. I am also scouting for long beards. Patterned the shot gun yesterday I am so ready for turkey. The main reason I started Kayak fishing was the critters that brushed by while wading. Tarpon, manatees, rays, mud all served to get me out of the water.