Found some reds, but....

Flamingo to Big Bend
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Re: Found some reds, but....

Post by jbdba01 »

Rollo wrote:Found the reds again today. Further out in the flats, just on the edge of grass (dying grass, just as jbdba01's article described).
While I would like to take credit for the articles, most were written by the man, the myth Bill Heywood. His angling prowess is only surpassed by his rugged good looks and propensity to attract mermaids while deadsticking.

I will take full credit for pointing you to them though. :) I reread them just about every winter.

Now if you're into Poon...there's a GREAT article off the home page that's Bill's as well.
JB
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

jbdba01 wrote:
Rollo wrote:Found the reds again today. Further out in the flats, just on the edge of grass (dying grass, just as jbdba01's article described).
While I would like to take credit for the articles, most were written by the man, the myth Bill Heywood. His angling prowess is only surpassed by his rugged good looks and propensity to attract mermaids while deadsticking.

I will take full credit for pointing you to them though. :) I reread them just about every winter.

Now if you're into Poon...there's a GREAT article off the home page that's Bill's as well.

That guys a hack.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Rollo

Post by Rollo »

That guys a hack.[/quote]

Maybe, but he must know redfish. Now, about that poon......

Then thanks jbdba01 for sharing!

Slow day but managed a trout and a red. Tried to explore some new flats but the dolphins (just) beat me to them. Still a beautiful day. Got my dinner on the reliable places. Didn't expect it, especially with the tide. And the winning lures of the day are X-Rap and Renosky mirror shad!
Rollo

Post by Rollo »

Well, my last day of FL fishing for the year (Wed) wasn't as bad as I expected. With cloudy skies and a very minimal tide I managed to find where the trout were hanging out, and they were hungry. Most were sub slot but they were stacked up on one of the places where I'd been fishing for Reds. Managed 4 slot trout and a gazillion smaller, a few jacks, a flounder and a handful of those crazy lizard fish y'all speak of (that tore the crap out of my little Berkley shad). I was determined to use the DOA shrimp I've had for over a year now and haven't caught a thing on it until now. It was the best producer of the day. As the sun was starting to go down, they didn't like the shrimp as much but preferred the Renosky shad. A very productive and beautiful last day out on Sarasota Bay.

Now I'm back home in my chilly cabin in the rolling foothills of TN, nursing sore shoulders and achy back from the 12 hour drive. I'm already longing for those early morning coffees in my yak while watching the fog rise up from the glass of the Sarasota Bay flats. I envy all of you who have this jewel, and others like it, in your backyard. Thanks again for all the advice and it was nice meeting some of y'all, even though it was in cyberspace. Hopefully I'll be back soon and run across some of you on the water. Have a great winter and happy holidays.

Rollo