12/7 West Side of Sarasota Bay

Flamingo to Big Bend
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

12/7 West Side of Sarasota Bay

Post by Manning »

Was overcast and a little windy this morning, but I had a plan to try and find some big trout on the low tide. Didn't find any really big ones, but did find lots of nice slot size fish. Didn't really keep count, but probably caught somewhere between 15 and 20 trout. The biggest was right at 20 and only one or maybe two were below slot. All are nice and fat. Also caught a couple jacks to ad to the fun. On more thing that makes this fun is that I am using really light tackle with a light drag setting. The idea is to not put too much pressure on the fish so I don't tear up there mouth more than I have to. Everything was caught on a Mirrodine mini. Love that lure. Twitch, twitch and let it rest...bam! Here is one of the larger trout from today.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
JoeS

Re: 12/7 West Side of Sarasota Bay

Post by JoeS »

Nice Trout.....I have used the std Mirrodine a lot but never tried the Mini......I am heading out tomorrow morning going to try something new.......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

JoeS wrote:Nice Trout.....I have used the std Mirrodine a lot but never tried the Mini......I am heading out tomorrow morning going to try something new.......
So how did it work for you?
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

It was way too wet and miserable for me to get out......I cant go today but tomorrow looks like a go......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!