Honeymoon Island

Flamingo to Big Bend
nemo327

Honeymoon Island

Post by nemo327 »

Friday, Dawn, dead low tide. When the tide turned redfish filled the flats. I sat in the school for 2 hours only 1 bite. The fish were tailing all around but would not play. Maybe with their noses in the sea weed they couldn't see my lures. Monday I went back but the wind went from 7 to 15 with high waves. Getting back to the causeway was "sporty" to say the least.
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Re: Honeymoon Island

Post by sfurman »

That can be frustrating to say the least.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
BTrain

Post by BTrain »

Getting back to the causeway was "sporty" to say the least.

:shaking2: Yup! - I can relate to that - :D
Best thing about being older: I did most of my stupid stuff before the internet!
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

My son and I were out there Saturday morning and found the same thing. Lots of reds, not to many bites. When we were there, they seemed to be cruising around, not tailing, so my guess is they were not feeding.
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
nemo327

Post by nemo327 »

Went out today great weather. Big sharks on the flats 4 to 6 ft. Some action on doa shrimp but only half hearted. Switched to cut mullet caught trout, goliath grouper, 6 in size, and rat reds. The best 2 bites that pulled drag got away, one screamed out and could have been a shark or ray but not hooked. #2 pulled drag then the Line broke! It was a red. How do I know? About 45 min later the float came swimming by and I could see the fish under water. Later on the way back to Dunedin causeway I found the float and hook floating free the fish had removed the hook itself. My knot was still tied to the leader it was the line that gave way.