Sarasota bay

Flamingo to Big Bend
nowake

Sarasota bay

Post by nowake »

Day off from work, chores done, and wife sick so it was time to leave the house. Launched from Ringling Causeway and headed north. Caught two catfish on new penny gulp within twenty minutes so was happy not a complete skunk. Paddled around a started collecting a posse of Fishing birds but no more fish. Two Dolphins joined me for about ten minutes so I moved on. Caught two more trout by Ski a Rees area. Sorry no pictures but nice to see trout again.
SPORTSFAN

Re: Sarasota bay

Post by SPORTSFAN »

Any day on the water is a good day. I generally fish Perico Bayou and Palma Sola which is just a tick north from you. I have thrown live shrimp into tailing Redfish, gulps, shads, the infamous Mirror Lure's and sometimes they just don't bite. Other time it's one cast one fish. Haven't figured that one out yet.
Cheers
SPORTSFAN

Post by SPORTSFAN »

Today was no different, threw everything but the kitchen sink at schools of Redfish and nothing except one stinkin Trout.
Putting in at the 64 bridge and I think I will head south. Jules
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Well at least you are seeing reds. I fished up at Buttonwood a couple times this week and never saw a red.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
SPORTSFAN

Post by SPORTSFAN »

Same thing today. Fished the lower side of Perico Bayou and my wife caught a small red on live shrimp. The tide today was way low and I knew something was up when we didn't see another kayak anywhere. Think I might try down towards Longboat this week if work is slow.