Longboat Key

Flamingo to Big Bend
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Longboat Key

Post by krash »

Guys, no I don;t want your fishing spots....

Will be over in Longboat Key next week, Monday nite through Friday nite, staying at the Resort for some R&R... looking for good places to eat, not fancy place's but good for seafood, itialian, and american.
will be splurging one nite and hitting the ChartHouse.

Not really seriuosly fishing but will have 1 rod and walk the beach casting, should I expect to catch anything. May do a kayak trip not sure yet depends on $$.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
nowake

Re: Longboat Key

Post by nowake »

Phillipi creek oyster bar on 41 is good cheap eats for nice grouper sandwich with peel an eat shrimp for appetizer and an adult beverage :chef:
Rik

Post by Rik »

Mar Vista at the north end. Great on the water views. Nice outside patio seating if the weather is nice
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
fishshooter99

Post by fishshooter99 »

krash wrote:Guys, no I don;t want your fishing spots....

Not really seriuosly fishing but will have 1 rod and walk the beach casting, should I expect to catch anything. May do
a kayak trip not sure yet depends on $$.
I'm not sure but I bet that you could pick up a snook or two fishing beach at night or early morning.
Gary
expatriate Floridian living in the foriegn land of Georgia
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

New pass bait shop, end of longboat, has great cheeseburgers. St Armand's has lots of food options but pretty pricey.
You can fish quick point park for shore fishing or wading. Also nice wading bay side up at Durante park.
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
hmm2k8

Post by hmm2k8 »

starfish seafood co on cortez (if they're not closed for vacation)
jose's Cuban food on cortez
prices are very good!
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Fishing the beach you should be able to catch some snook, lady fish and jackets.

There are lots of food options. One company owns 3 restaurants up there; the Sandbar up at the end of Anna Maria, The Beachhouse on Bradenton Beach and Mar Vista which Rik mentioned. The first two are right on the beach and the third is on the bay. All are great places with great views. They are somewhere between moderat and high priced. Here is a link to the company that owns them. I think you can get the menues there.
groupersandwich.com

Another good option is a place called Cha Cha Coconuts on St. Armand's Circle. Sit at a sidewalk table and watch the world go by. Great people watching and reasonably priced. I have only had lunch there.

Enjoy and if you do get to kayak fish, Buttonwood on Longboat is a great place to try.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
fishshooter99

Post by fishshooter99 »

hmm2k8 wrote:starfish seafood co on cortez (if they're not closed for vacation)
jose's Cuban food on cortez
prices are very good!
I second Jose's on Cortez. The Ropa Vieja is awesome and the best Cubans around!
Gary
expatriate Floridian living in the foriegn land of Georgia
bluebill

Post by bluebill »

Quick coffee and donut or trailmix in the morning then hit the snook.

First stop is the pass between North Longboat and Bradenten Beach. You can fish the south side of that pass and the north side. then you can continue around along the Gulf shore. The locals seem to like soft plastics on 1/4 oz or more jig head.

Eat well and catch a snook.
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water