DarveR Caught Another Tarpon Today

Flamingo to Big Bend
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

DarveR Caught Another Tarpon Today

Post by Manning »

The last two times I have been tarpon fishing I have managed to be the bridesmaid. I sit there in my plastic boat bobbing around in the Gulf of Mexico while the legend catches a tarpon. Here is a little video of today's action. All the jumping was over by the time I got near him to film so all you are going to see is the hard work part of this and the fish being held up at the end of the fight. Sorry for the slant in the video. Apparently I did not have the old hat cam on exactly level.
http://youtu.be/_NBGh9WBsQc

If you don't want to watch the video here is beauty shot.

p.s. No one is allowed to show this video to Dave's wife. He did not have his PFD on and if she knew that she would kick his ass. Legend or not we all have to answer to someone. Thanks for understanding.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: DarveR Caught Another Tarpon Today

Post by DaveR »

The epilogue is hillarious. She hasn't noticed yet. Yet
Thanks for your help and Riks for relieving me of a sabiki rod full of green backs. Whenever there is a lull in the action drop your sabiki rid. Works quite often!
While it was a premature release, the fish swam off fine. The water was shallow and clear enough to have seen otherwise.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Uncle Tommy
Black Tip Tommy

Post by Uncle Tommy »

There's no shame in it, mate. A lot of men your age have that problem…
Please, call me Kate
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Sabiki rod? Is that like one of those tenkara fly rods?
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Gettin your monies worth outa that Sage Johnny. Now, go catch a fish with it. :razz:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Indeed sir indeed ツ :cool:
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton