Pinellas county kingfishing

Flamingo to Big Bend
SteveN

Pinellas county kingfishing

Post by SteveN »

I want to target kingfish in my yak but don't know the right approach, or where I should fish for kings at, I've been to fort desoto all the way up to Clearwater pass. And have only had a lot of Spanish Mack's. Where are some good spots I can catch some decent size kingfish? And if anyone else would want to join me that would be a plus as I kind of have this wierd feeling of being out in deep water all by myself. None of my friends have yaks so I can't really go with anyone. I go fishing atleast 4 times a week .
Pitt

Re: Pinellas county kingfishing

Post by Pitt »

Hey Steve. I'm new to this site and Clearwater. I've done most of my fishing, so far, around Caledesi and honeymoon for reds and specks. Never fished for kings but they're getting checked off my list along with snook and tarpon this year. I have a pretty open schedule so hit me up if u ever need a partner in crime
SteveN

Post by SteveN »

I'll definitely give a shout
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Any beach launch is good mate. They aren't in close right now. I was out yesterday for a few hours in Sarasota and saw nada. Had a blue runner out and chummed with cut pinners. No birds, no Mack's, no nothin. Im thinking that last blow pushed em out a bit. The water was churned up. Soon though if the weather stays warm.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
SteveN

Post by SteveN »

Well it's been nice all week so maybe they'll be back
Walt_Trident13

Post by Walt_Trident13 »

Beach launches in our area aren't bad at all. Here's a video of a launch last fall that shows just how easy it is. Usually it's much calmer.

http://youtu.be/b-69X6xL-s4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/brentwaltersmith" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post by 13 »

Once they start hitting the beach in numbers, you can find them in plenty close enough. I had luck between John's Pass & St Pete Beach last year a couple times. Some big maks & some nice kings too. I don't get out as much as I would like these days, but definitely plan on getting out there soon
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

At the risk of cross forum posting I wrote this up last week. Moderators - delete/moderate as you see fit.

Some words of advice - don't go solo; personally I would leave the bigger ones behind - the smaller ones will taste better; if you bring a fish with choppers on board know that they are razor sharp; eventually you will catch a shark - have a plan.

Other than that, it's not rocket science. Bait, troll, stay on hard bottom (follow crab traps).

Here's the thread here on pf.com.
JB