Cold and Dreary with a Chance of Hope.

Flamingo to Big Bend
Heywood

Cold and Dreary with a Chance of Hope.

Post by Heywood »

Winter is my favorite time to fish here in the bay, the water clears up, the sight fishing is excellent and the crowds that show up in the summer are gone. Buts its been almost three months since I have been on the water. Most of you know I have been struggling with some type of immune disorder that has sapped all my energy. We thought we had it under control, but this past December it reared its ugly head and put me in the hospital for a couple of days.

Since then I just haven't felt like going. I guess you could say I sorta lost the passion I once I had, I haven't been kayak fishing, writing or shooting photographs. Trips planned were cancelled at the last minute, mostly because I didn't want to get out of bed. The one thing I'm truly thankful for throughout this whole deal is my family and friends for keeping my spirits up. None more than my friends here at PF. When one of us is down, the others are there to pull us up.

So it was with high hopes that I met Rik, Steve and Dave SOTE for what we hoped would be some Pompano action. Cold, Dreary and Windy is how we were greeted. No Pompano, but we did catch just about everything else. Trout, Spanish mackerel, Ladyfish, Lizardfish and a really nice surprise.

This is how the day felt. Dark and Grey.

But it slowly got better.

The sun finally came out and we saw some movement on a flat within sight of the launch. So after paddling 5 to 6 miles I brought in this beauty of a redfish.

Maybe there is some Hope after all.
Last edited by Heywood on Wed May 14, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Re: Cold and Dreary with a Chance of Hope.

Post by Manning »

Well done. The fishing was not great, but the company was. Great to see you back out there.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Enjoyed it.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Heywood wrote:we saw some movement on a flat within sight of the launch.
That flat used to be almost a sure bet. Past year or so it's been a flat we've all pretty much paddled by on our way to somewhere else. Nice to see fish on it and glad you were able one to find it.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

The photo doesn't do that fish credit. She was Gibsonton fat!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

DaveR wrote:The photo doesn't do that fish credit. She was Gibsonton fat!

:cheers:
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
mikeB
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by mikeB »

Nice Pics.