Mid March fishing

Flamingo to Big Bend
fishshooter99

Mid March fishing

Post by fishshooter99 »

I usually get to make a couple of trips to the Bradenton area a year in the summer and fall. I am going to try to add a Spiring trip this year and was looking at late March though I could possibly make it early April. How is the fishing that time of year? Will the water temp be high enough for decent trout and red action? I would love to hear some suggestions. I usually fish Palma Sola and Perico bayou. THANKS
Gary
expatriate Floridian living in the foriegn land of Georgia
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: Mid March fishing

Post by DaveR »

Trout and reds no problem. March can be a bit breezy. Consult Windfinder. It's pretty accurate.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Pmoconnor89

Post by Pmoconnor89 »

Definitely will get into some trout and red action, but like DaveR said it can be breezy. Helps to launch on the side of the bay that the wind is coming from to stay a little protected, also helps to fish earlier in the morning. Find some moving mullet and you should find some fish :thumbright:
fishshooter99

Post by fishshooter99 »

Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully the winds cooperate. We rented a house on Anna Maria from Wednesday April 3rd- Sunday April 6th. Can't wait.
Gary
expatriate Floridian living in the foriegn land of Georgia