Living Vicariously

Flamingo to Big Bend
fishshooter99

Living Vicariously

Post by fishshooter99 »

Ok guys, here it is. I grew up in the Tampa Bay area but my job moved me to Atlanta in 1989, though I am still a saltwater loving, Florida boy at heart. I usually only get to make a few trips a year to the sunshine state with kayaks in tow for some good ole skinny water flats fishing. The rest of the year I live vicariously through your posts and pictures. I know its hot, the skeeters are out, and the fishing slows down a tad this time of year but come on guys throw me a bone. Hit the water, post some stories (it's ok if you exaggerate a bit) and lets see those pictures.
Another thing I was thinking about would be folks posting some of there oldest kayak fishing pictures. I remember about 20 years ago it was rare to see someone else out there in a kayak. My first one was a giant red behemoth sit-in-side.
Gary
expatriate Floridian living in the foriegn land of Georgia
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Re: Living Vicariously

Post by jbdba01 »

fishshooter99 wrote:Ok guys, here it is. I grew up in the Tampa Bay area but my job moved me to Atlanta in 1989, though I am still a saltwater loving, Florida boy at heart. I usually only get to make a few trips a year to the sunshine state with kayaks in tow for some good ole skinny water flats fishing. The rest of the year I live vicariously through your posts and pictures. I know its hot, the skeeters are out, and the fishing slows down a tad this time of year but come on guys throw me a bone. Hit the water, post some stories (it's ok if you exaggerate a bit) and lets see those pictures.
Another thing I was thinking about would be folks posting some of there oldest kayak fishing pictures. I remember about 20 years ago it was rare to see someone else out there in a kayak. My first one was a giant red behemoth sit-in-side.
Hmmm...sounds like a familiar story. Miami in the 70's. UGA in the 80's. ATL late 80's - 2006.

Most expensive fish I ever caught was a 160# poon; got the fever. Loaded up the truck and moved the family to TPA in 2006. Real estate market implodes, stock market craps out, pay cut, on call 24x365...[insert more bleeding heart tear jerking crap here]. That's one expensive fish...

I try to fish every week. Wouldn't trade it for anything and have no regrets. Probably the best thing I ever did. ATL is a nice place to hang your hat and the job market is very strong compared to TPA, but being land locked and having done just about everything there was to do in ATL it was time to leave.

Only regret I have is not having fished out of a kayak/canoe earlier here in TPA.

I'll probably get on the photo band wagon in a bit. Been having fun in yea ol' stinkpot this summer.
JB
fishshooter99

Post by fishshooter99 »

Thanks JD. I'm thinking things could free up for me in the next 5 our 6 years. I'd love to hit the water with you sometime while I'm down that way in the spring.
Gary
Gary
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

Gary, Here's one of my oldest that I could find from over 10 years ago.
It was an Old Town Loon111 sit inside.

NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
fishshooter99

Post by fishshooter99 »

Great picture Steve.
Gary
Devodud

Post by Devodud »

fishshooter99 wrote:Ok guys, here it is. I grew up in the Tampa Bay area but my job moved me to Atlanta in 1989, though I am still a saltwater loving, Florida boy at heart. I usually only get to make a few trips a year to the sunshine state with kayaks in tow for some good ole skinny water flats fishing. The rest of the year I live vicariously through your posts and pictures. I know its hot, the skeeters are out, and the fishing slows down a tad this time of year but come on guys throw me a bone. Hit the water, post some stories (it's ok if you exaggerate a bit) and lets see those pictures.
I have been posting some reports in the "East Coast" section just for you!!!
If you're gunna be stupid, you gotta be tough!!
lastresort

Post by lastresort »

I just started this kayak stuff and its been a blast. I've been getting out once or twice a week and I'm 45min. To an hour from the saltwater. I've never thought about moving in the last 20 something years but closer would be better. Right now my wife is into it which makes it even better. If I was closer I would go more and she would probably lose intrest.