Darkside of the snook!!!!

Flamingo to Big Bend
redfish

Darkside of the snook!!!!

Post by redfish »

for the past two weeks ive been hitting the snook just right. Just after DOA came out with the Air Head thats all ive been using. Out of all these snook ive caught one on the spook and one on the terror eyes. The rest have been killin that new DOA on a Trokar TK140 worm hook. the tides have made the difference I think. mainly the out going right before dark. Snook have been chewing hard onte fry bait but have got them to bite my lures. Its all about presentation. after about a week of them chewing on that they switched over to big hand size shad. Here is most of my fish from the last few days. all caught on the new Daiwa inshore reels(ballistic.procyon.lexa) all reels are the 3000 size spooled with either Spiderwire or Fins on St.Croix Rage rods. I hope you guys enjoy the pics and info I gave. Tight lines

Jesse

Amped Kayak Fishing and Southern Backwater on Facebook
Mercuryverado200 on Youtube
Wright Custom Rods
UrbanLegend

Re: Darkside of the snook!!!!

Post by UrbanLegend »

Those are pretty nice lookin snook! Did you sight cast from that tree?
redfish

Post by redfish »

Yeah i had my deer stand in it and just casted from there
Amped Kayak Fishing and Southern Backwater on Facebook
Mercuryverado200 on Youtube
Wright Custom Rods
Ryanrocksfender

Post by Ryanrocksfender »

Tight work! Those airheads have such a good swimming action.

Post by 0119 »

Loving my new Lexa, how do you like the Rage rods? Is the handle material holding up to abuse?
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Excellent, snook have come back very well, some are still trying to tell me they are scarce and should remain closed but that is simply not the case. I am glad they remained closed for the past year however, to give some of the slot fish a chance to get past the slot and replenish the large fish that got hit by the cold of '10.

I have been hearing lots of reports of some great snook fishing, keep it up. I need to get out and get into some of that myself but, will be turkey hunting this week end.

I’ll have to give the airhead a try, great report.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve