REDS?

Flamingo to Big Bend
tbgreen21

REDS?

Post by tbgreen21 »

Does anyone know where I can go with my son for the best chance of catching some good rede this week or week end?
I live near Indian Rocks Beach so the closer the better
Tom
SILVER K

Re: REDS?

Post by SILVER K »

Fort Desoto. http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtop ... 47&t=17911" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.
tbgreen21

Post by tbgreen21 »

Come on guys..... Any location in the area been real good lately? Desoto on a holiday weekend is not a good plan
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

It's tarpon time. I'd help if I knew.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
tbgreen21

Post by tbgreen21 »

OK , where can I go to be sucessful. I'd love to at least hook into one and have it tow me around. Kidding aside. I would love to catch one and I have never had the pleasure. I've looked for them but must have been doing something wrong.
Tom
CowboysFan

Post by CowboysFan »

Southshore has been really good the past month. Floating grass showed up this week screwed everything up. Hoping its better this weekend. CR Bay is always a safe bet for reds.
Rich

I'd rather be fishing right now.
Rik

REDS?

Post by Rik »

Don't discount Ft D. There are places where traffic isn't heavy even on big weekends.

Every spot is going to have traffic this weekend. Simply put, there are no secret spots with as many fishermen as there are out there.

Pick a spot, get there very early and work it well. Ft D will be fine if you are first. Big weekend...no matter where you go, you have to be first.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
mikeB
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by mikeB »

Back side of Honeymoon Island, but don't tell anybody else.
dawg

Post by dawg »

CowboysFan wrote:Southshore has been really good the past month. Floating grass showed up this week screwed everything up. Hoping its better this weekend. CR Bay is always a safe bet for reds.
I went out on CR Bay this week and the floating grass made it very difficult to do anything. I had little success as we caught a few trout at the end of the trip but that was my first time on that bay. Any help and tips on where the "safe bet reds" are would be greatly appreciated.
tbgreen21

Post by tbgreen21 »

I apreciate all the help with locations. I spoke to Zerosix today and found out he was also fishing at IRB on sunday. (didn't even see him). I guess it's because he put in around 15-16th street and my son and I put in just south of the walsingham bridge (I think it was 4th street). The roads almost directly aross from crabby bills. Is anyone going to fish IRB this weekend for Tarpon? I would like to tag along to learn I usually hit the beach about 05:00-05:30 and floating bait just after sunup.
Tom
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

mikeB wrote:Back side of Honeymoon Island, but don't tell anybody else.
Everyone knows there are no fish behind Honeymoon Island.

Repeat after me: There are no fish behind Honeymoon Island, there are no fish behind Honeymoon Island, there are no fish behind Honeymoon Island, there are no fish behind Honeymoon Island.....
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

Millinium Park or Bay Pines War Memorial Park. I chased a school with a couple hundred fish in it.
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Mote but you have to be real sneaky!
0 0 1