First trip of a new year!

Flamingo to Big Bend
fishmaster892

First trip of a new year!

Post by fishmaster892 »

Me and my buddy Mitch decided to go in search of tailing redfish this morning with the low tide upcoming. We arrived to are destination to find fish churning the water with anticipation of a early breakfast. A pod of dolphins was also close by with the same thoughts I'm guessing. We jumped out of the kayak to begin wading. On Mitch's first cast with a she pup he hooked a monster that bent out the front treble. Soon after I had hooked the first red of the morning just over 30". We proceeded to go back and fourth hooking fish on every cast for close to an hour. We had several double hook ups that were a little work to keep untangled. At one point I hooked a tarpon that opened a split ring before I even knew what happened. You can see in several of the pictures the spook only has a back treble hook. I had far less misses with just one hook on the lure which was odd but made me curious. It was an awesome way to start the new year! I hope it continues.
Emotion Grand Slam Angler
americanrobster

Re: First trip of a new year!

Post by americanrobster »

Nice work :thumbright:
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
Rik

Post by Rik »

I still know where you were!

Nice trip.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Damn guys...tear 'em up.

Originally I saw a couple smudges on the photos and I thought there was water on the lens. Then I realized you were just trying to blur out the background. Which based on the number and size of the fish I would probably do the same thing.

That said I took the artistic liberty of smudging things out a bit more - I realize that these are your photos, and if you want me to take it down I will, but I figured this would really hide or at minimum mislead where the location was at. Again - let me know if you want it down...I know that on certain photos I wouldn't want it "shopped" in any manner. (i.e. it's taboo to mess with other peoples photos without their consent).

JB
22acrowd

Post by 22acrowd »

Weedon looking nice this time of year.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Blur the backrkound around here and you are open to anyone's pranks. Don't dare take take it down.
Nice work lads! Damn nice work.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

Blurred backgrounds? :scratch: I thought it was looking like a foggy morning. :drunken:
Regarding the 1 hook spook, was the action different?
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
1okbyme2

Post by 1okbyme2 »

Very nice feeesh guys.
Don't worry about "spots", the fish move around.

Dont know about the spooks DoubleM, but I took the front hook off of some of my topwaters & the action did change, but they still worked. They just settled nose up in the water when the lure was stopped.
"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot" Joni Mitchell
fishmaster892

Post by fishmaster892 »

The action changed but was almost better. The fish would only hit it once and be hooked up instead of several attacks.
Emotion Grand Slam Angler