Post Graduation Fishing…12/17/08

Flamingo to Big Bend
Triton

Post Graduation Fishing…12/17/08

Post by Triton »

After graduating on Sunday from The University of South Florida - St. Petersburg, I was looking forward to getting back out on the water. Between classes, work, and life, I haven’t been able to wet a line for several months. I graduated with a double major in Accounting and Finance. Getting my degree was great and all, but knowing that I still have several more years of schooling makes it all somewhat trivial.

I’ve been able to get out after work several times this week, mostly fishing backwater creeks in UTB. This summer I found some baits that I knew would catch fish during the winter, and I’ve been having good success with them. Tsunami Swim Shad. The 2” and 3” in black back and blue back seem to work best in the creeks. This week they yielded ladyfish, jacks, snook, rat reds, and snapper.

Tight Lines.
Last edited by Triton on Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I didn't spend it on fishing, I would just spend it on a psychiatrist.
geoffsnook

Post by geoffsnook »

Glad you were able to get out, AND get some fish.
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Congrats on the graduation from a now retired old bean counter. Nice snook too. I have just started taking pic while fishing and have not figured out a good way to handle the fish with one had and the camera with the other. I may try the tail grab and see how it works. Used to work great for me in my younger days.
Chris.G

Post by Chris.G »

do you have a tarpon 120? I think we might have talked out on the water today? I was trying to save a pelican.
Giant- size
~ Good friends will come and bail you out of jail...Best friends will be sitting next to you saying, "Man, that was fun."~
Triton

Post by Triton »

Chris.G wrote:do you have a tarpon 120? I think we might have talked out on the water today? I was trying to save a pelican.
That was me. How did the rescue go?
If I didn't spend it on fishing, I would just spend it on a psychiatrist.
DayumSon

Post by DayumSon »

Congrats! TJ

Nice snook!!
"I once cried because I did not have any shoes to wear.... until I met a man with no feet"

Dayum Son!
Chris.G

Post by Chris.G »

Triton wrote:
Chris.G wrote:do you have a tarpon 120? I think we might have talked out on the water today? I was trying to save a pelican.
Not well, check my report...
Giant- size
~ Good friends will come and bail you out of jail...Best friends will be sitting next to you saying, "Man, that was fun."~
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

Chris.G wrote:
Triton wrote:
Not well, check my report...
Nice effort Chris. Sorry to see that bird didn't make it.

Congrats on achieving your degree Triton. Funny scrolling down, I'm hearing this graduation anthem in my head and then sploosh, there's a snook photo then a snapper. No sedgeway, just bam! Caught these!
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Awesome Snook!

Congrat's on your scholarly achievement as well. :wink: Hopefully by the time you're done the job market will be healed.
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -