Note to sote once again

Flamingo to Big Bend
islander

Note to sote once again

Post by islander »

Thursday brought rain. The BEST time to hit the beach. It was empty. Not wanting to work for fish, I blind casted the usual Honeymoon spots. Landed a trout around 20". I don't see the point in these fish. I hooked two ladyfish that put that fish to shame, fightwise. It's time to change the slam! Saw two HUGE boils off the sand bar. A tarpon flew out of the second one. Not sure if they were chasing or being chased, but it sure was pretty cool.

Sunday, I headed Sote to look for my first beach snook. The winds werent cooperating. My father and I decided to fish the back of the island. The water wasn't moving. The schools of mullet were cruising the edge of the flat, so I decided to pitch a kwan in between em. Missed a big strike and later landed a 27" red that was kind enough to not show me backing. Fishing halted as we hung out with a family of manatee that swam within ten feet of us at times.

Monday's winds sent me to Lemon bay. I fished my usual haunts from my first days in Fla. Hooked a 20" snook that tore all hell around the oyster bars. Landed two more smaller fish that felt like they were on steroids. Chart and white clousers have been tricking those buggers. Landed one recently that went 30" easy. Oh, and a pinfish that went 5". Been seeing alot of those too.

Back here next Tuesday and Wednesday, hoping HOPING the winds will be kind. I'd like to get a shot at atleast one fish by July.
blindcast

Post by blindcast »

Very nice!