06-04-06 Simmons Park

Flamingo to Big Bend
Heywood

06-04-06 Simmons Park

Post by Heywood »

Roger and I got down there at the crack of dawn and were greeted with a stiff West wind and thought maybe the day was not going to be all that great. As Roger was getting his yak ready, something was hammering bait right at that the launch spot. Threw out the Arkansas Shad Exude and hooked up with a nice snook. Made a couple of jumps and after a short fight got her landed, not 10 feet from our yaks on shore.

30" snook (I was still asleep, dang its early :retard: )

We finally got on the water as the bait and other snook had disappeared. We had no luck at another spot and with the wind dying down decided to work the flats and large schools of mullet. Wasn't long before I had some action.

26" redfish (Hey look, I woke up) Another A.S. Exude

Had another hookup on a larger fish that was heading straight out to the bay, when the hook pulled. Oh well. Saw a flash of red about 80 yds in front of me and hooked up with another nice red.

25" redfish Caught on the same Exude. Why did I bring all this tackle.

It was a good morning, unfortunately for Roger, he ended up with the big skunk. I did loan him an Exude, but still no luck.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Mako

Post by Mako »

nice fish there Bill :D

it seems like the bite has been steady at Simmons...Vercetti and I might be there on Friday
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Simmons is not "neutral" ground :lol:
Very nice fish pics and report.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Peter, wish I could join you Friday. I might be doing CRB Friday. Hope the bite is still going. It was very early too, once that sun got up everthing shutdown.

Mauso1 - You and Jon get together and pick a place so I can go fish the heck out of it.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
prowler13angler

Post by prowler13angler »

Heywood! You are the man!

Your getting onto some big snook, You even convinced me to buy some of those White body Pink tail DOA's!

Congrats man.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

It was all Exudes today. :D
blindcast

Post by blindcast »

Nice fish!