Note-sote skunk!

Flamingo to Big Bend
islander

Note-sote skunk!

Post by islander »

Looked for snook off Anna Maria and Honeymoon this weekend. Saw a total of two fish off the sand.

This is getting all too frustrating.
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

man i was just geting ready to drive out to the beach and check it out... should i not waste my time there? has anyone seen snook on the beaches yet?
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Spent time on Sat Am on the beach at Longboat from sunup to around 9AM..

NO snook but caught a few ladyfish and small jacks and a couple small spanish macs.
There was plenty of bait running down the trough but no big fish chasing them :roll:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

I didn't see them, but my neighbors saw snook along the AMI beaches a week ago. I'd try the areas closer to the passes ---north end of AMI from the Sandbar Restaurant north or the south end of AMI/north end of Longboat.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

After weeks of trying to figure out what AMI was....................Duh........it just hit me.............duh................
AMI one of my favorite places on earth........Duh.............."No sense being stupid if ya don't prove it"......... I prove it daily...............
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
NarcSgt

Post by NarcSgt »

TerryW wrote:I didn't see them, but my neighbors saw snook along the AMI beaches a week ago. I'd try the areas closer to the passes ---north end of AMI from the Sandbar Restaurant north or the south end of AMI/north end of Longboat.
Where is a good location to put in a yak at AMI?

Narc
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Guys have you tried the beaches on Manasota key? for Snook, its apparently a great beach for early morning Snooking
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
Rev. Tom

Post by Rev. Tom »

Jim,

From what I can figure we walked at least ten miles round trip Sat a.m. looking for those snook. I wish it was my arms that were tired from catching so many fish instead of my legs on the trip home.
"My knowledge can only be finite, while my ignorance must, necessarily, be infinite."
--Karl Popper
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

NarcSgt wrote:
Where is a good location to put in a yak at AMI?
You can put in at the park at the south end, the public beach at the end of Manatee avenue, or on some of the streets on the Gulf side of Gulf Drive on the north end --- finding allowed parking from Holmes Beach north is the the tricky part. Also - the Rod and Reel pier, but be very careful with the current and weather at the north end. Very!
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
Hornetbear

Post by Hornetbear »

I was snorkeling SOTE today and saw some big groups of snook balled up. Theres bait everywhere and I didnt' see em eating. They are totally fearless. I coulve touched one. I'll try to get some pictures..
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

i walked a few miles along lido beach today... aside from tons of bait, mullet and whiting i didnt see anything worth looking at... aside from the hotties in bikinis.... had a few snorklers tell me they saw jacks along the outer bars and some snook along the rocks... but i didnt see a thing
why are they not coming out on the beach this year...
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
paddlefish

Post by paddlefish »

They are totally fearless.
I have noticed the same thing snorkeling. A great opportunity for some under water shots.
Thank you, gentlemen. Someday I will repay you, unless of course I can't find you, or if I forget.
annamariaslim

Post by annamariaslim »

Bayfront Park, City Pier, Gulf Blvd, (across from Ginny's antiques, gulfside) are a few places in Anna Maria to put in. New sandbar forming just off the tip of the island, out of water at low tide. As others have said be careful around the tip of Anna Maria.Alot of boat traffic, fast water, chop,so go well prepared!!!
annamariaslim

Post by annamariaslim »

By the way, the police are very strict about parking and going more than 25 mph in Anna Maria, so watch out!
Erick
"Mister OLC"
"Mister OLC"

Post by Erick »

I have been out to Honeymoon 3 times now. And nothing. Lots of bait but no snook. And in those three trips, I have only seen one caught and one whiting caught. Very similar results to last year but exact opposite of two years ago. All three trips have been in the evening, I may try an early morning outing.
Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Jim Valvano

{{>=====<}} <'))))><ing
Mako

Post by Mako »

I was very dissapointed with Honeymoon Island this weekend. I didn't see much action except for some mullet on the flats and a couple of tarpon rolling by the markers. No snook or reds.
I had not been there since the red tide last year.
Peter
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 160