Big Dawg...vinyl sticker

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Big Dawg...vinyl sticker

Post by jbdba01 »

So I'm working one early morning and just watching things at work. After a while I start reading a variety articles and like a late night purchase of a Thigh Master I decided that I wanted to get some bow stickers for the boat. Something you would never get during the saner hours of the day. I kinda winged it on sizing and after a bit I ordered a couple stickers from here and some lettering.

Their graphics gallery was kinda cheesy, but I picked one.

Unfortunately like any late purchase you probably aren't thinking the whole thing through and the verbiage size I picked was way too big, and the sticker was as well. The graphic is based on the letter size. But...I had things in hand and decided to put it on.

They look good and I think I paid $40 for everything plus $6 for shipping - smaller would have probably been in the $25 range. I requested that they mirror the Dawg, but was half expecting them to get it wrong. You put that in the comment section.

The stickers came in 5 days and when I opened up the packages I was like - oh oh...that ain't gonna work, but the dog was mirrored. Cool...

The application was really easy - it's a double sided sticker, but like anything else I was better on the second one than the first. Note - don't use a fan when applying stickers - it'll push the sticker on to the boat when you're not ready. I used a bit of acetone to clean the boat up, and a heat gun to smooth get rid of any burs. I eyeballed the application without measuring, but it seems I was pretty close. They do have some videos on how to apply it - youtube has better ones.

I may apply a bit a Helmsman Spar Urethane for protection, but I suspect i'll last a season to two tops. It needed to be a bit higher/safer.

The original registration lettering...it really looked stupid and I should have removed it years ago. Yes I do have a trolling motor for it. The govt wanted $85 to re-register it in my name. That was way to much for a $700 kayak. So after 3 years they came off.

Original

Port side

Starboard

What the fish will see...

]Image
JB