Cabelas Auto Inflate 3500 PFD...

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Cabelas Auto Inflate 3500 PFD...

Post by jbdba01 »

I like them enough to have 3 of them. I tested the autodeploy twice now - once on purpose, another time not. For reference I'm 6'3 - 220# [a mountain of molten lust] and it kept my head above water no issues on the autodeploy.

On sale from $170 for $99 now here.

The manual version is $85.

You can make the auto one manual by removing what I call - the alka seltzer tablet. I do that in the kayak - in the powerboat I leave the tablet in.

I didn't pay $25 for the rearming kit. I bought three 33 gram cartridges online somewhere else. I want to say I paid $10. Some kitchen place - bottom line it was the same product for much less. You can buy the rearming tablets cheaper than Cabelas too. Don't recall where.

Don't leave them in your car in the summer - it'll autodeploy when the car gets crazy hot.

Anyway a PFD is not much good if you don't wear it.
JB
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Re: Cabelas Auto Inflate 3500 PFD...

Post by Manning »

I was one of those guys who never wore a PFD while kayak fishing. I always had it with me strapped down somewhere on my kayak. Late last year I made a conscious decision that I needed to improve my safety profile while kayak fishing. I am 66 and fish by myself most of the time. I bought a manual PFD from Bass Pro determined to start wearing it and sure I was going to hate it. Much to my pleasant surprise my first time out wearing the new PFD I completely forgot I had it on in the first half hour on the water. I now wear it every minute I am out there in the kayak.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve