Rod holders for Wilderness Commander 140

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
Busted lines

Rod holders for Wilderness Commander 140

Post by Busted lines »

Finally got my Commander out for a "true" fishing weekend on some small Ozark streams. I was having a hard time keeping my 3 rods organized and not tangled. Has anyone built any type of rod holder
for their Commander that allows for easy access and does not allow the rods to get snagged by low branches etc??

THanks for looking..
mrpj1972

Re: Rod holders for Wilderness Commander 140

Post by mrpj1972 »

Here's an example utilizing the slide track system:
Or you can rig a crate with some creative pvc tubes:
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

Scotty mount rod holders right behind the seat. I don't use the gunnel slide track unit. For me it felt like it just got in the way.

This is what's mounted on my Wilderness Commander...I like them a bunch.

If you have split grip rods you might want these...mine get beat up on the bottom.

Image Image
JB
Busted lines

Post by Busted lines »

Thanks for the replies, I have a Scotty mounts but need something that sits low inside the boat. With a Scotty mount I would loose my rods in the first sett of low hanging branches that came along. Out Ozarks streams have lots of branches etc that love to grab rods. :(
Rik

Post by Rik »

Take a look at how Bigfish171 mounted his Scotty rod holders on a milk crate. May give you some ideas.

http://paddle-fishing-forum.com/viewtop ... ilit=crate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
hector_750

Post by hector_750 »

Hey mrpj1972 I like that table you have on the first pic, did you build that or buy it? if so where? I could really use something like that!

Thanks!
Hector
mrpj1972

Post by mrpj1972 »

hector_750 wrote:Hey mrpj1972 I like that table you have on the first pic, did you build that or buy it? if so where? I could really use something like that!

Thanks!
Hector
That's not my picture. I Googled it. You can get that set up from Wilderness.
They sell through Harmony-----> http://www.harmonygear.com/products/167 ... board.html
hector_750

Post by hector_750 »

Nice thank you! Found out its called a dashboard!