Question about Wellnut fasteners

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
UltimateBobWPB

Question about Wellnut fasteners

Post by UltimateBobWPB »

I'm getting ready to install my anchor trolly on my Native Watercraft Mariner and am thinking about using Wellnut Fastener instead of the thru hull nut and bolt, (which I know Rik prefers!), a bit tight in the access area according to where I install the pulleys. I'm just wondering if any one has used them? Also any advice on where I should install, I've got a Scotty 3 position bar on the port (left) side so I'm thinking I'll go starboard, but then thats my clear side for casting, :oops: DUH! Also how far toward the bow and stern is recommended, I see some folks stop at just behind the seat, Just looking for some good advice that I can usually find here! Thanks
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: Question about Wellnut fasteners

Post by DaveR »

You will get different opinions but I like to run the whole length of the hull. There are times when I want to be pointed directly into the wind/current thus the need for the forward option. Why limit yourself?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

DaveR wrote:You will get different opinions but I like to run the whole length of the hull. There are times when I want to be pointed directly into the wind/current thus the need for the forward option. Why limit yourself?
Ditto.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

My setup is a little different, I fish from a Solo 14 Canoe......I have my trolleys setup one Bow to Center and one Stern to Center.......both can be used either from Port or Starboard with carbineers.......this gives me all the options I will ever need......at times I will even Cary 2 light Anchors for special positioning.........If I get off of my lazy, tired od butt I will take a few pics.....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

well Nut vs Thru Hull with backing plate or washers.. With the pressure being exercetd by wind & currents against the anchor I would recommend thru hull if possible.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~