Harbor Freight trailer anyone use them?

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
UltimateBobWPB

Harbor Freight trailer anyone use them?

Post by UltimateBobWPB »

I'm looking at the 1720 Lb. Capacity Super Duty 48" X 96" Utility Trailer With 12" Five Lug Wheels And Tires from Harbor Freight any feed back. Using it for an Native Ultimate 14 ft. Not really impressed by much I see at HF. But it is in my price range and I'm not having any luck finding anything used and don't really want a fixer upper. Thanks
clwpaddler

Re: Harbor Freight trailer anyone use them?

Post by clwpaddler »

I bought one last year specifically to carry my two Commander 120's. Hate to put salty boats on my vehicles. Added an extended tongue so I can also carry my Tarpon 160 without haveing to worry about clearance when turning. Has worked very well. Used PT 1X6 for the bed and stake sides.

Woody
Woody
I fish well,but the catching needs work!
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Had one a few years back until it was stolen. Put on the sides and it hauled two kayaks well along with "stuff"
The springs were heavy and it was a little bouncy but ran 70 mph well down the interstate. A tounge exxtender would have made it better.

As long as you don't want to fold it up I suggest tack welding the two sections together
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
UltimateBobWPB

Post by UltimateBobWPB »

Found a good used Trailer all set up for kayaks that I'm very happy with. Thanks for all the good suggestions.