My all in one sounder fishingrod holder set up.

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
Gozz

My all in one sounder fishingrod holder set up.

Post by Gozz »

Ive fitted a water proof lunch box with a 12volt cordless battery I hardly ever use to power the sounder unit.
I have a bungee rope which goes around the battery box and holds the whole unit to the yak.
I also used a pool noodle over the transducer bar which gives the unit flotation in case it ever fell over the side, it hides the transducer cable and give's it some extra support up front where it sits on the top deck of the yak.
Side on view.
And best of all the whole unit comes out and in the car.
firehose991

Re: My all in one sounder fishingrod holder set up.

Post by firehose991 »

looks awesome. simple and tastefully done. makes me wish i knew how to weld.... :wink:
Rik

Post by Rik »

Looks like you're a talented metal bender. Is it your line of work?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Gozz

Post by Gozz »

Rik wrote:Looks like you're a talented metal bender. Is it your line of work?
Thanks for that.
Well in a way cause I'm a tool maker by trade but I've taught my self to tig weld and I made my own tube bender so now I build my own fishing equipment.

You guys probably haven't seen these before but here in Australia , well Victoria to be exact we have these rod holders we call snapper racks cause when we fish for snapper we have rods spread out all over the place a bit like this.
And this one has a fish buckling the left hand rod over.
The rod holders in the above two pics are all bought but this one I made my self which has 7 rod holders each side.
1okbyme2

Post by 1okbyme2 »

Sweet custom stuff. :cheers:
"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot" Joni Mitchell
mash1956

Post by mash1956 »

looks great what battery are you using?? I have an eagle fish finder simulare to yours and wanted to rig to my canoe
yakanglr

Post by yakanglr »

mash1956 wrote:looks great what battery are you using?? I have an eagle fish finder simulare to yours and wanted to rig to my canoe
ACE Hardware stores should have a comparable battery. I'm not sure which model I have, be sure to get a larger one, if you go small the charge will not last long. They cost about $24.00.

Update; The battery I use is a UB1280 Universal Battery (1280 - 12V - 8Ah), the model is MH20567. I put it inside a waterproof box, purchased from Dick's Sporting Goods (kayak area). Drill a hole, insert wires and then goop around the hole. Hope this helps.
Aquidneck Island Striper Team
2010 AIST Most Improved Angler
2012 AIST Striped Bass of the Year
Skull and Bones Fishing Club
FX4

Post by FX4 »

Nice job!